Forums

Full Version: Richardson & Spens results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This message is primarily directed to team captains, but first some quotes from the other Richardson/Spens thread:

Quote:Have results from last weekend and draw published somewhere? Possibly I missed it.

Quote:we really ought to see them published on the site. Listed on the news on front page would seem justified in fact.

Quote:detailed board info on colour/grade/players/result shown. Within 48 hours. Otherwise the credibility and stock of the competitions is reduced.

Quote:... web pages for the Richardson and Spens on the CS website – <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/membership/CSandRelatedEvents.htm">http://www.chessscotland.com/membership ... Events.htm</a><!-- m -->

These pages are maintained and updated by Dick Heathwood – but only if he is sent the data and that didn't happen recently.

What has happened is that not all results have been reported fully and promptly to the event organiser – Andy Muir. If this information isn't passed to Andy then he can't publish them and has to chase up missing details, yet he gets the blame
Quote:I can understand Andy not wishing to make personal posts but in capacity as organiser of our flagship team events we really ought to see them published on the site.
I suggest he has enough to do without this. Not only, but also, grading data can't be updated because DB doesn't have the detail either, so he has to ask questions and he also has enough to do already.

And now I refer to the quotes I gave you honourable gentlefolk a few moments ago – people want to be kept up-to-date with progress.

So:
Team captains – please provide the match details as soon as possible;
Non-captains – if your match details aren't made public soon after the event perhaps you would consider biting your captain's leg until it is. Any little help .. helps.
I really need to find a mod that gives a like button to posts Big Grin
HI Keith

I am partly repeating myself from an earlier suggestion in the thread, but isn't a simple online score card form that is uniformed going to sort all this mess out? The fields would be PNUM/Name/Grade/Board/Colour/Score. That then removes duplication, chasing, grading work and uneccessary admin work. Perhaps add a new rule to the rule book to back this up saying results to be given within 72 hours. If there is no resources for producing that facility online, then maybe we need to go back to the old fashioned score cards which can be snail mailed or scanned and emailed as our team captain does for our league matches.

Perhaps team captains and players could be more helpful in many cases, but I wouldn't fault them for not giving all the fields mentioned above, when there is no guidelines or instruction to do so in the rules/entry form. I would however be happy to join you in faulting those who dilly dally with passing results onto Andy or yourself, and need chasing up. Regardless of the lack of clear guidelines on giving results that is just hopeless.
Hi Jonathan

You might be repeating but there’s nothing wrong with that until a problem is solved. I did note your suggestions (as I’m doing for every idea/suggestion that might improve any aspect of these tournaments). Actually, I was having a trawl for online form-building sites/software but so far haven’t found anything of a suitable format for the details we need. I think that reverting to snail mail would be a step backwards not least because completing a card or paper result would still be necessary so why not – as you say here and I suggested in the other thread – scan/photo and attached to an email. Even a basic form or list can be produced easily by any one-fingered computer user – Castlehill use this method, so simple. In fact I’ll sent blank copies to the clubs left in.

There will certainly be a time-limit introduced for next season along with clarification of details required.
I set up something years ago for doing this Keith.

Let me look into it and see if I can put something together for you.
Thanks Andy.
Bon Accord 7 - 1 Castlehill
A. Bremner 2163 ½ – ½ Dmitriy Payada 1934
R. Lothian 2112 ½ – ½ Colin Edwards 1801
H. Olson 2092 1 – 0 Andre Babin 1720
D. Maxwell 2058 1 – 0 Dariusz Kosznik 1624
J. Edwards 1994 1 – 0 Keith Rose 1578
D. Harwood 1989 1 – 0 Norman Waugh 1183
M. Abdulla 1834 1 – 0 Agnijo Bannerjee 0
R. Jennings 1781 1 – 0 Subhayu Bannerjee 0
Keith Rose Wrote:Bon Accord 7 - 1 Castlehill
A. Bremner 2163 ½ – ½ Dmitriy Payada 1934
R. Lothian 2112 ½ – ½ Colin Edwards 1801
H. Olson 2092 1 – 0 Andre Babin 1720
D. Maxwell 2058 1 – 0 Dariusz Kosznik 1624
J. Edwards 1994 1 – 0 Keith Rose 1578
D. Harwood 1989 1 – 0 Norman Waugh 1183
M. Abdulla 1834 1 – 0 Agnijo Bannerjee 0
R. Jennings 1781 1 – 0 Subhayu Bannerjee 0

Good to see Bon Accord looking so good for the future here.
Spens Results

Phones v Hamilton
1. B Luke Barker 0.5 v 0.5 W Phil Thomas
2. W Jim Findlay 0.5 v 0.5 B Daniel Thomas
3. B Paul MacDonald 0.5 v 0.5 W David Houston
4. W Robert O'Brien 0.5 v 0.5 B Arthur Mulholland
5. B Colin Paterson 0 v 1 W Jim Frame
6. W Nigel Jowett 0.5 v 0.5 B Jaqui Thomas

Hamilton win 3.5 2.5
Richardson Cup Result:
Bon Accord vs Hamilton

1.Adam Bremner 2163 (b) 1/2-1/2Steve Burns-Mannion 2370