Forums

Full Version: Richardson & Spens results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I haven't had this much entertainment since watching the Bold and the Beautiful on channel 5 in the '90s.

hamish olson Wrote:I seem to recall discussion about how for example one Alan Tate had not paid his membership fee for two consecutive seasons?

No one asked!?!
Are Bon Accord and Dragons both going on holiday together to Bilbao?
Quote:Hugh Brechin wrote:And someone get Bremner an inflatable sheep.

Should that not be Ewe Brechin?
Just to make it clear -

Wandering Dragons as a team don't care who plays for Bon Accord on Saturday. I personally thought it best to inform Hamish that there might be eligibility problems.

Wandering Dragons as a team didn't care who played where for Hamilton against us. I personally thought that Andy Muir (as tournament controller) 'interpreting' rules when his own club were involved wasn't the right way to do things.
I have woken early after an enjoyable Poly quickplay (1st=). Good to play chess for a change instead of officiating.

Hugh should be stronger as moderator. Certain people should get a noticeboard ban (e.g. a warning then a month ban ) for hurtful (not humorous) comments. This would calm things.

Donald, from experience the noticeboard aggro doesn't replicate OTB. I am not expecting Alistair to give any red cards and default a player by sending him to the carpark.

Do Dragons really not care who plays for BA ? eg a bunch of ineligible players just turning up on the day ?
is this humorous ? can the Olympiad squad (plus captains and those who turned down places) turn up for BA for practice ?

Bona fide players only please. Alistair will be aware of any bona fide decisions.

I would go along if lived locally but instead going to important Dumbarton v QOS 4th place match
I always feel sorry for the players who get left out - those who got you there - when club parachute in some top guy for a key match. I liked how Euro Club Champs did it last year - you publish your pool of players and the order they will play and it stays that way throughout the event. Simple and effective. Eligibility issues are discussed before the start of the event and not just days before a final.
I am not playing on saturday, going to the football, so no-one needs wasting time preparing for me. I wouldn't consider myself bona fide for either team anyway.
amuir Wrote:Hugh should be stronger as moderator. Certain people should get a noticeboard ban (e.g. a warning then a month ban ) for hurtful (not humorous) comments. This would calm things.

Well, Andy, I'm sorry my approach doesn't meet with your approval. Basically, we all know each other and I don't see any need for things to get out of hand, so I'm trying to keep everything friendly. Sanctions aren't necessarily going to help there and I don't want to do it unless I have to.

There's also the point that nobody's reported any recent posts, unless Andy H has seen one and closed it without me noticing (which is definitely possible). I'm not going to go saying anything's crossed the line when nobody's even appealed it unless it's truly ridiculous.

That said. Hamish. When I posted 'can we just keep it a bit more civilised', I didn't mean 'what this thread needs is another 800 words justifying your position.' That's quite enough of that. Please pay attention to this.
Quote:Hamish Olson wrote "Blahblahblah"

Making up your own fantasy issues/points and then answering them yourself isn't big or clever Hamish. I also find your post offensive in tone and content (fine, I can be that way too on occasion as most people are probably aware of from my Andy Muir 'debates') but here it has been simply unnecessary and unwarranted.

-If it's a 'petty technicality' that someone (even someone as legendary as Jonathan Rowson) hasn't played for a club for at least 15 years in any event whatsoever, doesn't live in the country, has played for another team in the Richardson since 'leaving' BA, and is rumoured to be appearing in the final only, (and for a fee!?) - then it's at the pretty heavy end of petty!

To answer Andy Muir's point a little...
Quote:Do Dragons really not care who plays for BA ? eg a bunch of ineligible players just turning up on the day ?
is this humorous ? can the Olympiad squad (plus captains and those who turned down places) turn up for BA for practice ?

From the messages and (lack of) support I've had from fellow team members re: eligibility issues, I'd have to say no, they don't seem to care. I find it strange, and I'm not happy about this attitude, but there you have it.
Yes, having someone like Jonathan Rowson playing the final would be a coup of sorts - good publicity, great to see him in action, etc. But where does it end? "A bunch of ineligible players turning up on the day?" as Andy Muir says. In any event, it would hardly affect any preparation I would be doing; the board order 'rule' we are playing under means that I now have a look at a little bit of 'everything/everyone' in the lead-up to a big match.

Anyway, I'm sure Hamish will be relieved to know that I won't be 'pestering' him again. :-@ (although I could easily transcribe our entire conversation onto a matchbox cover using a crayon)
Its such a shame this match will not be broadcast live. The build up is great - reminds of the boxing!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11