Forums

Full Version: Richardson & Spens results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Incredible scenes.
robin moore Wrote:Crawford 1 Robin 0

Well done to all winners!! Got any board scores?

From memory (hopefully correct)

Richardson
Tate(w) 0.5 - 0.5 Bremner
A. Burnett 0 - 1 Lothian
Bathie 0.5 - 0.5 Olsen
Orr 0.5 - 0.5 Maxwell
Minnican 0 - 1 Edwards
Hamilton 0 - 1 Harwood
Wallace 0.5 - 0.5 Abdulla
W. Burnett 1 - 0 Cavanagh?
Crawford Macnab Wrote:
robin moore Wrote:Crawford 1 Robin 0

Well done to all winners!! Got any board scores?

Campbell
Calder(w) 0.5 - 0.5 Macnab
Barrett 0.5 - 0.5 N. Anderson
Baird 0 - 1 Rudolph Austen
Alice Lampard 1 - 0 Heatlie
Smith? 0.5 - 0.5 Bate
Stuart Lampard 0 - 1 Jackson
And to complete the set -

Spens result:

Hamilton B 2½ - 3½ Irvine

Phil Thomas 1 - 0 David P Gillespie
James Montgomery 1 - 0 Andrew Thomson
Robert Montgomery 0 - 1 Robert Copeland
David Houston 0 - 1 Robert Loughran
Arthur Mulholland ½ - ½ Brian Teaz
default 0 - 1 Robert Gourlay

In addition the West and South East section final of the Nancy Elder was played:
Chris Donkin 0 - 1 Ian Brownlee

Congratulations to the winning teams and winning individuals
Is Olsen related to the Olsen twins?

Congratulations to Bon Accord on a deserved victory. Their colour strategy paid off and they were just more focused and determined on the day.
Haha! The sheep are on fire! Brilliant guys - absolutely delighted for you boys!
Thanks to Wandering Dragons for a great final. Despite whatever hostility there may have appeared to be, the match was played in great spirit, and their team were a class act even after the result became clear. Look forward to seeing you on the plane guys, no doubt you will get some revenge should we play at ECC!

Definitely the best day of my chess career. For Bon Accord, this is our first ever win, and means a lot. To do it with such a great group of guys is fantastic.
Congratulations to BA, Irvine & Ed Civils.

Just out of interest what was the general age makeup of the BA team?
In 1975 I played in the winning Richardson team at age 16yrs and 6 months. I don't know of anyone younger than that being in a winning side. Murad Abdulla was born in 2000 and beats my record comfortably. Congratulations to Murad.

The Bon Accord team were also significantly outgraded. Congratulations to Hamish for getting his team to play at such a high level and winning without any titled players, which has not been done for a very long time.
quite a big age range actually. Board 7 was murad (12). Board 3 (me!) is just about to turn 20. Boards 1,4,5 are 2-4 years older than me. Boards 2 & 8 were 50 and 60ish respectively. Not sure if Murad is the youngest player to have played in a winning Richardson team in the final but it seems plausible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11