Forums

Full Version: Richardson & Spens results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Agreed, the team captains could have been on Fred MacAuley's radio show today and doing pre match media interviews with any media that would give chess the time. There is no reason we can't have the PGN's published the day after however? Text commentary would be a bonus along with the PGN's but not essential. Just needs a carbon copy scoresheets to be used and someone to input them. Is only 8 games, I'd do the PGN bit if someone scanned them and emailed me, would only take me 15 mins providing I can read the writing and theres no mistakes.
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Agreed, the team captains could have been on Fred MacAuley's radio show today and doing pre match media interviews with any media that would give chess the time. There is no reason we can't have the PGN's published the day after however? Text commentary would be a bonus along with the PGN's but not essential. Just needs a carbon copy scoresheets to be used and someone to input them. Is only 8 games, I'd do the PGN bit if someone scanned them and emailed me, would only take me 15 mins providing I can read the writing and theres no mistakes.

The games input is already being taken care of Jonathan, thanks. If I can't manage it for whatever reason I'll get in touch, ok?
andy
Coolies, I once read a Chandler write-up on a website somewhere with photos when he attended a Rich/Spens/Rosebowl finals day in Grangemouth a few years back. Was quite good, maybe I am getting greedy now, but that would be good to Smile
George Neave Wrote:I liked how Euro Club Champs did it last year - you publish your pool of players and the order they will play and it stays that way throughout the event. Simple and effective. Eligibility issues are discussed before the start of the event and not just days before a final.

This is done by all serious team competitions everywhere but would significantly reduce the forum drama so it's probably not worth looking into.
If there is anyone attending/visiting the finals, but not playing, and has a digital camera some photos would be very welcome I'm sure.
robin moore Wrote:Who do folks fancy for the Campbell, Spens and Richardson?

I think Troon will win the Campbell (sorry Crawford)

Happy to be underdogs. You never know we may throw in an unexpected bona fide player just for fun! ^#(^
Haha who knows? Best of luck to everyone playing today, bound to be some great matches. I am off to a quiet wee football game to watch my team Irvine Meadow play Hurlford in the Scottish Junior Cup semi final.
#thesheepareonfire
Crawford Macnab Wrote:
robin moore Wrote:Who do folks fancy for the Campbell, Spens and Richardson?

I think Troon will win the Campbell (sorry Crawford)

Happy to be underdogs. You never know we may throw in an unexpected bona fide player just for fun! ^#(^

Not sure what the form book was saying but close victories in the end for:

Richardson - Bon Accord
Spens - Irvine
Campbell - Edinburgh Civil Service

Some exciting time scrambles at the end of the Richardson!

#:-s
Crawford 1 Robin 0

Well done to all winners!! Got any board scores?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11