Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oban congress 2017
Does anyone know if the Oban congress is taking place this year? 
It's listed on the CS calendar here but, with the exception of dates of 17-19 November, there's no other information, entry form or any details whatsoever. It seems odd that none of this information has been made available, with not much more than a month to go until the event.
I have just booked a room at the Royal Hotel and they say the Chess Congress is on.
Phone them direct on 01631 563021 - you get a better rate than online.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Better blooming well be. I have booked my accommodation
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I'm going to see if I can extend my visit back to the UK for Team Alba's 4NCL division 1 debut in order to play this one - I have fond memories of staring out over the bay as my partner sailed off into the sunset past Kerrera while I got gubbed mercilessly by Paul Motwani!
Less than 4 weeks to go and no way to enter the congress yet available apparently. A hotel booking does not a congress make.
(21-10-2017, 09:15 PM)JMcNicoll Wrote: Less than 4 weeks to go and no way to enter the congress yet available apparently. A hotel booking does not a congress make.

Who usually organises it?
I am sure everything will be ok. If not, here is the provisional first round draw

Robin Moore v Alan Jelfs

Ali Roy v Andy Burnett

Arbiter- Andy Howie

Venue- Royal Hotel bar
(22-10-2017, 10:08 AM)robin moore Wrote: I am sure everything will be ok.  If not, here is the provisional first round draw

Robin Moore v Alan Jelfs

Ali Roy v Andy Burnett

Arbiter- Andy Howie

Venue- Royal Hotel bar

Smile
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Folks,

Just to say Oban congress details are now available on the events list on the homepage.