Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New website
(22-04-2017, 05:02 PM)Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:
(21-04-2017, 01:03 PM)Stuart McKinney Wrote: One thing I found helpful under the old site is under "clubs" you could see all members of that club and their current grades. Are there plans to reinstate this?

It is still there, same as before but with improved info (which I was referring to before). If you go to the player search screen, there is a drop down menu for clubs. Just leave everything else blank and pick your club.

Thanks have now found it and it's better than the old style. Info re grades all on one page.
(23-04-2017, 08:16 PM)Arthur Mulholland Wrote: Still having trouble logging onto new site from smartphone. Any ideas?

Hi Arthur

Can you please let me know what trouble you are having logging in from a Smartphone? Also, which Smartphone are you using? Are you able to login alright on a computer or tablet?

Thanks
Andrew
(24-04-2017, 12:01 AM)Andrew McHarg Wrote:
(23-04-2017, 08:16 PM)Arthur Mulholland Wrote: Still having trouble logging onto new site from smartphone. Any ideas?

Hi Arthur

Can you please let me know what trouble you are having logging in from a Smartphone? Also, which Smartphone are you using? Are you able to login alright on a computer or tablet?

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew,

It's a Galaxy 5. When I go to the site it just states "this webpage is not available"

when I click on details

ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY
Is it possible to go back to the old website if the new one proves unpopular ? I personally thought the old website was great but the new one has no advantages and plenty of disadvantages.
(25-04-2017, 08:17 AM)amuir Wrote: Is it possible to go back to the old website if the new one proves unpopular ? I personally thought the old website was great but the new one has no advantages and plenty of disadvantages.

You could always raise it at the AGM Andy. I'm sure all those involved in the new website would appreciate their time being wasted - after all, they obviously changed it on a whim, without considering whether there would be any advantages to having a new website.

Alternatively, as others have done (and Andrew McHarg has quickly replied to each and every one) you could post the specific problem you're having and receive an answer.
@Andrew McHarg

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but some of the files seem to be missing that are associated with news posts - such as the AGM files with Director Reports, Minutes and Accounts. Any chance these can be restored?
Thanks,
Martin
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
(25-04-2017, 12:31 PM)mclarke Wrote: @Andrew McHarg

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but some of the files seem to be missing that are associated with news posts - such as the AGM files with Director Reports, Minutes and Accounts. Any chance these can be restored?
Thanks,
Martin

I believe if you click on information on the side bar you will find what you are looking for
I really like the new website. Thank you Andrew! Keep up the good work.
(24-04-2017, 09:30 PM)Arthur Mulholland Wrote:
(24-04-2017, 12:01 AM)Andrew McHarg Wrote:

Hi Arthur

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew,

It's a Galaxy 5. When I go to the site it just states "this webpage is not available"

when I click on details

ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

Thanks for the info Arthur. Are you using the Chrome browser?

Regards
Andrew
(25-04-2017, 08:17 AM)amuir Wrote: Is it possible to go back to the old website if the new one proves unpopular ? I personally thought the old website was great but the new one has no advantages and plenty of disadvantages.

Always good to hear from you Andy. Rolleyes

On a serious note though, you are quite incorrect regarding the relative advantages and disadvantages of the two. Admittedly, to many users it might appear like there isn't much in the way of new features, and the inconvenience of having to get used to a new navigation structure and find the stuff they used to be able to find easily on the old website can't be much fun. However, as Andy Burnett said, we didn't take the decision to create a new website on a whim.

What you don't realise is that the new website actually does do a lot more things than the old website did from a technical point of view. The integration of a content management system into the whole website has been long overdue, and will make the job of everyone who writes content or modifies pages on the website easier (once they get used to using it). It's also a lot more secure.

If you are struggling to use the new site or can't find what you're looking for, please do share your concerns here. Posting specifics helps.