Forums

Full Version: New website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Anyone else getting security certificate errors and can't log in to the site, or is it just a conspiracy?
(11-04-2017, 06:23 PM)JMcNicoll Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else getting security certificate errors and can't log in to the site, or is it just a conspiracy?

I encountered the same issues. Presumably teething troubles.
Apologies for this. I screwed up a setting with our SSL Certificate and it caused this issue. I think it should now be resolved. Please let me know if you see this error appearing again.

Andrew
(11-04-2017, 07:13 PM)Andrew McHarg Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies for this. I screwed up a setting with our SSL Certificate and it caused this issue. I think it should now be resolved. Please let me know if you see this error appearing again.

Andrew

Looks ok now.
Looks good, apart from the horrible colour scheme of blue, black and grey.
Feedback/comments (to try and help given the large amount of free time given to update the website)

The colours do seem repetitive/dull- perhaps as intended. As did old site.

I can see lots of time and effort gone in to make much needed changes but keep it like the old site - perhaps too much like the old site.
Mobile access is clearly much better. Would like to see some social media links/groups setup and perhaps a newsletter feed that can also be emailed once a month or so that you can subscribe/unsubscribe

Its early days but some areas that might need addressed or is just me not using it correctly:

You can access members are without logging in (Not that I think its necessary)

Once you log in you can search new posts but the view recent posts by date has gone (it was there at one point) - I assume most users used that search by date. When I search by date nothing come up as you need a keyword.

most of the key topics have nothing for over a year posted - perhaps a few key static topics and the rest auto archive after a while and you access that via archive pages
Clearly a lot of effort and thought has gone into this and Andrew McHarg should be applauded.

I like that the design and formatting is now consistent throughout the site, the mobile responiveness is great, the easy of navigation.

I would like to see some photos (expecially on the home page) to add some eye-candy. The mostly text-only format is a bit stark on my eyes.

But well done.
Clearly a few "teething" issues, but Andrew has been really responsive in dealing with them - thanks Andrew, appreciated.
Hi Andrew, can you give a rough time frame for being registered please. I registered last night but havn't heard anything back yet but appreciate it will be a busy time. Also I have noticed that the results are not up to date, nothing from mid February.
(12-04-2017, 09:17 PM)Gary McPheator Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Andrew, can you give a rough time frame for being registered please. I registered last night but havn't heard anything back yet but appreciate it will be a busy time. Also I have noticed that the results are not up to date, nothing from mid February.

I did that and logged in ok without a response ,try that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11