Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 376
» Latest member: RonaldSpoiz
» Forum threads: 2,240
» Forum posts: 22,490

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 460 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 456 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Andy McCulloch, Edithphaks

Latest Threads
2024 SNCL AGM Minutes
Forum: League Announcements
Last Post: amuir
Yesterday, 10:26 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 117
Andy Howie in Canada
Forum: Scots Abroad
Last Post: Andy Howie
22-04-2024, 06:37 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,193
SNCL Round 9 and AGM fol...
Forum: General Chess Chat
Last Post: Glynis Grant
15-04-2024, 10:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 181
Livingston Allegro, April...
Forum: Tournaments and Events
Last Post: JMcNicoll
31-03-2024, 10:39 AM
» Views: 186
Edinburgh Park Congress
Forum: Tournaments and Events
28-03-2024, 04:06 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 747
Meanwhile in Spain
Forum: Scots Abroad
Last Post: Mike Chisholm
28-03-2024, 12:05 PM
» Views: 399
Edinburgh Park live games
Forum: Live Games
22-03-2024, 09:27 PM
» Views: 252
Cheap(ish) Chessbase 16 a...
Forum: General Chess Chat
Last Post: ruairidhmckay
19-03-2024, 10:39 PM
» Views: 368
Martin B Edwards
Forum: Obituaries
Last Post: Ianbrownlee
02-03-2024, 07:58 PM
» Views: 627
Livingston Allegro
Forum: Live Games
02-03-2024, 03:12 PM
» Views: 242

Hamilton Junior Congress 9th Dec entries
Posted by: Michael Hanley - 07-12-2012, 10:00 AM - Forum: Junior Chess Chat - Replies (1)

Hi to all, If you intend to play and have not entered yet, please e-mail me as soon as you can. Entries at the moment are at 56, and as most entries come in during last two days or on the morning of the event, we would not like to turn anybody away, maximium capacity is about 90.

Michael.

There are also a few spaces for next Sunday's coaching day.

Print this item

Benidorm 2012
Posted by: Patrick McGovern - 04-12-2012, 11:38 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (1)

mixed results for most of group so far. The Spaniards seem to be stronger than previous tournaments Sad

However Neil Thomson Giffnock/Greenwood, unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws played the no.1 seed today and won!! Big Grin Giving Neil 4 out of 5 and will almost certainly be on the 'live' boards in round 6 tomorrow.

Go Neil!

Print this item

London Chess Classic
Posted by: Andy Howie - 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (25)

Gets underway today. Was a bit busy in the main hall at the start of play so could not get pics of the Scottish Players in the open, will try tomorrow

Pics will be uploaded here

Pics

What did we think of JR's game today???

Print this item

Benidorm 2012
Posted by: Douglas Bryson - 01-12-2012, 05:35 PM - Forum: Tournaments and Events - Replies (3)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://chess-results.com/tnr72255.aspx?art=25&fedb=SCO&lan=2&turdet=YES&flag=30">http://chess-results.com/tnr72255.aspx? ... ES&flag=30</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ajedrezenelbali.com/INGIndex.html">http://ajedrezenelbali.com/INGIndex.html</a><!-- m -->

Print this item

A chess puzzle :)
Posted by: andyburnett - 29-11-2012, 10:15 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (10)

What do a Dutchman, a Ukrainian, an Uzbeki, a Russian and a Filipino have in common at the moment?

Print this item

Edinburgh West simul: 19th December
Posted by: Martin Robinson - 29-11-2012, 10:02 PM - Forum: Tournaments and Events - Replies (1)

As part of our 30th anniversary celebrations IM Craig Pritchett will give a simultaneous exhibition on Wednesday 19th December from 7.30pm.

Entry is open to non-club members - fee is £5 per head.

Venue is our normal club premises, i.e:

Saughtonhall Community Centre
22a Saughtonhall Avenue
Edinburgh EH12 5RN

See weblink below for a map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&suge...d=0CGgQtgM

If you would like to play in this event then please contact me on ["mandkrobinson at btinternet dot com"], or else call me on 0131 447 3148, and I will confirm your place. Spaces are limited so advance booking is necessary to guarantee availability.

Craig has kindly agreed to donate a copy of one of his recent books - Heroes of Classical Chess or Giants of Innovation - as a prize for the best game.

Regards

Martin Robinson
President
Edinburgh West Chess Club

Print this item

Liverpool Quadrangular
Posted by: robin moore - 29-11-2012, 05:35 PM - Forum: Junior Chess Chat - Replies (38)

The Liverpool Quadrangular takes place November 30 to December 2, 2012

Squads below in alphabetical order.

Under 16: Murad Abdulla, Daniel Deary, Lennart Koehn, Andrew McCusker, Carl Milton, Stuart Wynne

Under 14: Alexander Bond, Colin Howie, Moray Lennox, Anna Milton, Declan Shafi, Fergus Skillen, Caitlin Reid, Liam Richmond, Zak Roy, Leonardo Sani, Jamie Underwood

Under 12: Matthew Billcliff, Euan Dawson, Michael Doyle, Andrew Gillies, Craig Gillies, Darren Gillies, Euan Gray, Stuthi Hegde, Kirsty McCusker, Thomas Stidolph, Ben Volland.

Coaches

U16 GM Matthew Turner
U14 Jonathan Edwards and Calum MacQueen
U12 Alastair Dawson and Alex Gillies

Head of Delegation Paul MacDonald

ChessScotland officials Donald Wilson, David Congalton and Judy Milton.

Good luck to eveyone at this event and a special thankyou to Donald, David and Judy for the terrific job they have done in organising accommodation and transport amongst other things.

Robin.

Print this item

The Glen Pavilion
Posted by: Jim Crawford - 28-11-2012, 08:32 AM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (1)

Hi dear chess players, My first visit to th Glen Pavilion it was great to see so many great chess players under one roof the venue was very good and well run with the usual organisers doing there bit, I went to watch my team play (Musselburgh) and take a few photographs with my new camera had a bit of a wonder around town to had a great day thanks to all.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctB8FFQ9OCg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctB8FFQ9OCg</a><!-- m -->

Print this item

Female players in SNCL
Posted by: robin moore - 25-11-2012, 09:45 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (39)

Seeing a I am a nice relaxed non-controversial member of ChessScotland, this might not mean too much. I would love to have a female player in every SNCL team. Everyone get their politcally correct hat on and have a think about it. People like Joy, Ali and Siegrun might be on my side but I am sure that there are others who are not.

Let all ladies fight for a place in the best teams. Anna , Kirsty and Stuthi would be contenders for the top teams. How does that sound? A female in every team.
What could it mean long term?... Competition for female adult and and junior international events. Sounds good to me...

Robin.

Print this item

SNCL Rounds 3 and 4
Posted by: Andy Howie - 25-11-2012, 11:50 AM - Forum: Live Games - Replies (5)

Available Big Grin

Round 3

and after 3pm

Round 4

Enjoy

Print this item