Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson and Spens 2013-14
Hi Pat

I emailed the draw to all last week. I know at least some got it so perhaps I haven't got the correct address for you. Could you email or pm me please? Thanks.
you have managed to email me before Keith so I am not sure where you sent the draw; i've emailed you so you can reply with draw, thanks

Pat.
1w D Findlay 2181 1 - 0 Colin McNab 2497
2b E Spencer 2010 0 - 1 Vlad-Victor Barnaure 2483
3w S Hogg 1939 0 - 1John Shaw 2403
4b A Borwell 1878 0 - 1Iain Swan 2145
5w G Weir 1802 0 - 1Larry Kirk2090
6b A Dawson 1784 0 - 1Algirdas Tiuninas 2081
7w G Robertson1576 0 - 1Elaine Bamber 2064
8b P Walsh 1486 0 - 1David Watt 1836
Dundee 1 - 7 Polytechnic

Cathcart and Castlehill have agreed on 7th December
Castlehill 8-0 Cathcart w/o
Have results from last weekend and draw published somewhere? Possibly I missed it.
George, I believe Andy M is not using the forum any more. I don't know results, but only know this much with regards to the draws below due to being on the team captain email list...

All
Draws made yesterday: full results given in 2 weeks time when all games
played. Could Dundee & Oban play their QF soon, Andy

SEMI -FINALS

RICHARDSON

W Dragons v Poly/Edinburgh

Hamilton v Bon Accord/Castlehill

CONSOLATION

QF Dundee vs Oban

Ed West v Poly/Edinburgh

B Accord /Castlehill v Dundee/Oban

SPENS

Ed CS/Kilmarnock v Irvine

Phones/Troon v Hamilton

CAMPBELL

Phones/Troon v Dunbar

Ed CS/Kilmarnock v Kilmarnock B
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:SPENS

Ed CS/Kilmarnock v Irvine

Phones/Troon v Hamilton

Kilmarnock beat Edinburgh Civil Service.
Thanks. I can understand Andy not wishing to make personal posts but in capacity as organiser of our flagship team events we really ought to see them published on the site. Listed on the news on front page would seem justified in fact.
Can anybody tell me how the draw was carried out?
George, I entirely agree. Every result should be available online ASAP with detailed board info on colour/grade/players/result shown. Within 48 hours. Otherwise the credibility and stock of the competitions is reduced. I would go further and suggest results for these types of competitions should be covered in newspapers and on BBC ceefax (yes that still exists!) or chessresults.com etc. The profile of the game in Scotland, really should be moved to the next level.

It would probably help with the admin bits if the results were done on an a uniformed online form, rather than an email when people get round to it, and published for all to see. We should note the new website facility for the Rich/Spens is quite new and will be further developed in time. I can imagine the current Rich/Spens team are short on volunteers and could probably do with a bit more support. I can see from my own experience as team captain there is a lot more involved in being on the organising team for these events than I may have appreciated was the case before.

Hi Iain, I know the draw for the qualifiers/1st round was at the Dundee Congress in October which I only know as I happened to be there. The current draw was mentioned by email as taking place on 18th Jan (the date of the last round) so was probably likely it happened during the Edi West v Hamilton match. I am just speculating on that however.

Jonathan