Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIDE GA
Sorry can you confirm what you have just said as I am obviously missing something.

Do you really want us to speculate on a decision before it is published by FIDE and to formulate an answer to our speculation which might have nothing to do with the actual outcome? That seems to be what you are saying.

I prefer to await the publication of a decision and then to act on it appropriately and at the appropriate level.
Alex,
Was the rating report not already published earlier this year :-
https://www.fide.com/news/2784

and that report stated "The proposals will be deliberated and voted upon at the forthcoming FIDE Council meeting scheduled for December 14." so hasn't the decision now been made.

Is there still speculation abounding following the FIDE Council meeting as intimated?

Does this also not affect all SCO FIDE rated players?
Hi Jim,

Yes it has, was made at council along with some stuff I was personally involved with. As yet we have not had anything official back but when we do, we will communicate it.

Assuming the proposals went through as is, then no it doesn't only those 1000-1999, but again until we have the final decisions from FIDE it is just speculation at the moment
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I have seen on the Fide website the GA and 3rd council meeting decisions are published. It’s not very clear to me but if changes are coming into effect March 1st is the proposed rating increase happening or are they just dropping anyone under 1400 of the list? Would be a shame to remove such a large number of players.
Everyone between 1000 and 1999 will be reassigned to between 1400-1999.
I didn't get a clear answer to what happens to those who subsequently drop below 1400 but it looks likely that they will drop off.
If you are 1000, on 1 March, you will be 1400. Essentially current 1000 is future 1400 so people who would have got a FIDE rating still will. They are compressing the ratings. Will kick in from 1 March.

If you go below 1400, you will drop off as you would have at 1000 (but given someone who was 1000 is now 1400 it is not as likely as you think)
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Dougie has posted a news item on the main page. It's worth a read on the recalibration of FIDE rating:

https://www.chessscotland.com/news/grading-news/
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!