Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens results
I would have loved to be able to do all 18 games today. I really want to increase the number of boards we have but we are looking at 9,800 Euros for another 12 (about £7,000).

Would want to get the carry cases as well so that's another £800 so we would need to raise about £8,000.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Agree with Andy and Hamish. Enjoyed watching the games but for a team competition you really need to cover an entire match and seeing as the Richardson is the flagship event this would make sense...
Fair enough. What do the Spens/Rosebowl teams think?
They don't mind at all Big Grin (Just joking - I can ask the Dragons team)
I know Aagaard was completely lost at the end, but does anyone know why he resigned if (on the assumption the clock times shown on the live games display were right) Arakamia-Grant had only five seconds left with quite a few moves still to make? :-\
Could always alternate year by year- there's enough boards to do either all Richardson + board 1s of others or all 5 of both Spens and Rosebowl I enjoy seeing all sorts of standards of players on live boards (not necessarily at the same time) - learning a lot from Shamkir chess, learnt a bit from yesterday and have learnt a lot in the past from watching the top few boards in the challengers.

I suspect Keti's clock wasn't paused immediately after Aagard resigned - if keti had to do a move per second for I don't think Aagard would have resigned (or taken a draw for that matter!)
That's the point. She had been playing at a move a second (or faster) for the previous three or four moves already, with still quite some way to go to reach the time control.
I think there may have been a clock problem + mobile phone problem (!) Hoping one of the players might comment, as I was thinking the same as Mike T while watching it live.
Initially there was a clock problem. Keti at around 6 secs with 6 moves to play, Jacob with 19 minutes but playing his moves almost as quickly as Keti, the clock was taking a bit of a hammering. It failed. While a replacement clock was being set up Jacob's phone rang. Although he had handed it to the arbiter before play he had evidently not switched it off (it was a ringtone, not a battery/power signal). Prior to play the room was told clearly that if a mobile rang that player would lose and there would be no exceptions.

The outcome was not resignation but a loss due to the phone.
Let me guess, the clock was one of those Saiteks with tiny buttons...