Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens results
I have started a new topic 'Richardson/Spens - what next?' Can you please put your thoughts there so they don't get muddled up with ongoing matters.

Speaking of which, the outstanding Rosebowl Semi between Irvine and Castlehill takes place on Sunday.

The team finals take place at the usual Grangemouth venue with a 1 pm start. Features this year are:

Live boards will be used;
Presentations will be made by Lord Provost Pat Reid of Falkirk Council. Press will be invited;
Last year's criticism of medal quality has been addressed;
There will be CS Directors attending this time - myself and Andy Howie Other Directors are cordially invited.
Re the changes just noted by Keith, I say excellent. All positive, and adding to the prestige and worth of the events. Might just encourage future team entries.
And the last qualifying match (Rosebowl):

Irvine 4 - 1 Castlehill

Phil Walsh 1 - 0 Declan Shafi
Graeme King 1 - 0 Paul Shafi
John Shankland 0 - 1 Keith Rose
Robert Loughran 1 - 0 Ray Noble
Rob Copeland 1 - 0 Andrejs Budahs

Next to nothing between the teams grading-wise but Castlehill players never looked like getting anything from the games they lost. A deserved win by Irvine.
Keith Rose Wrote:And the last qualifying match (Rosebowl):

Irvine 4 - 1 Castlehill

Phil Walsh 1 - 0 Declan Shafi
Graeme King 1 - 0 Paul Shafi
John Shankland 0 - 1 Keith Rose
Robert Loughran 1 - 0 Ray Noble
Rob Copeland 1 - 0 Andrejs Budahs

Next to nothing between the teams grading-wise but Castlehill players never looked like getting anything from the games they lost. A deserved win by Irvine.

Keith, the games were closer than you were suggesting. Thanks for a competitive and non eventful match.
A reminder that the team finals take place at Grangemouth Sports Complex on Saturday, play starting at 1 pm.
Visitors and observers welcome, especially friends and clubmates of those playing. However, blowing of vuvuzelas and chanting of songs beginning "Ee ay adio ..." are strictly prohibited.

If you can't make it along you can follow some of the action online as the electronic boards will be in use.
I'll try to get photos up as quick as possible during play. Will depend on how good the internet is.

Going to be trying a completely different setup but will have my normal set up as well just in case there is a problem (as long as there is power to the boards, everything is fine).
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
The results (a report to follow in due course):

Richardson
Winners: Edinburgh West (5 - 3) Runners up: Edinburgh
K Arakamia-Grant 1 - 0 J Aagaard
C Pritchett ½ - ½ C Sreeves
J Grant 0 - 1 N Berry
G Neave 1 - 0 C MacQueen
N Farrell 1 - 0 P Wallden
W Buchanan ½ - ½ A Green
A Bell ½ - ½ D Oswald
I McLean ½ - ½ D McGowan

Spens
Winners: Wandering Dragons (2½ - 2½, board count) Runners up: Irvine
R Kynoch 0 - 1 P Walsh
E Campbell 1 - 0 D A Thonson
D Heron 1 - 0 J Shankland
J Konarski ½ - ½ R Loughran
C Donkin 0 - 1 R Copeland

Jack Campbell Rosebowl:
Winners: Kilmarnock (3½ - 1½) Runners up: Phones
C Allor 0 - 1 P Bozinaikis
J Malkin ½ - ½ J Doyle
D Hamilton 1 - 0 L Rubio
J Parks 1 - 0 S Misanjo
J Kleboe 1 - 0 C Paterson
Many thanks for Live boards today Smile It was great following the games, especially Keti-Jacob and Calum-George - cracking games! Congratulations to all the winners, commiserations but well-played to the runners-up.

I should point out though that for online spectators it would have made much more sense to have the 8 live boards covering only the Richardson final. It was impossible to know where the matches stood with boards being split across the 3 events.

I understand part of the remit of the live boards is to cover a wide range of levels, but it would have made the Richardson match much more compelling viewing. Just my tuppence worth Smile

Thanks again to all involved and if any of the players would like to annotate games for the magazine, please get in touch!
I thought it was a good idea before hand to show all the different sections but once it got started I realised Andy is right - would have been better to show all 8 of the Richardson I think.
Andy - the spread of boards was at my request. You said it yourself - more or less as I interpret it - the non-Richardson clubs are as entitled as the Richardson clubs to live coverage, so fair's fair. Perhaps one day CS might find a way to increase the number of boards to cover all the games. We can dream.