Poll: What do you feel is a suitable entry fee (excl. reductions)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£10-14
21.05%
4 21.05%
£15-16
5.26%
1 5.26%
£17-18
0%
0 0%
£19-20
10.53%
2 10.53%
£20-24
21.05%
4 21.05%
£25-27
5.26%
1 5.26%
£28-30
36.84%
7 36.84%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Chess Blitz Championship
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:Thanks for the support guys.

I can now confirm that the Lord Provost will be presenting the prizes. A reminder that entry closes tonight =). Depending on interest I may accept entries on the day, but I'm moving into my new flat tomorrow so won't have internet.

You have done a fantastic job Jonathan! The event is - for me - the most exciting event I have personally ever played in. Big Grin

Oh dear, you're going to have a busy next couple of days! Hope the move goes well. =)
Andrew McHarg Wrote:
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:Thanks for the support guys.

I can now confirm that the Lord Provost will be presenting the prizes. A reminder that entry closes tonight =). Depending on interest I may accept entries on the day, but I'm moving into my new flat tomorrow so won't have internet.

You have done a fantastic job Jonathan! The event is - for me - the most exciting event I have personally ever played in. Big Grin

Oh dear, you're going to have a busy next couple of days! Hope the move goes well. =)

Thanks Andrew! =) Yeah, it's going to be a busy couple of days!

I've reduced the prize fund slightly to £1900 in order to balance the budget... Feel as though I should announce that to make people aware. The tournament was on track to make a small surplus, however there have been a few late withdrawals over the past few days Sad . Down to 84 entries as things stand.

Current entry list here: http://www.scottishblitz.com/EntryList14.06.12.pdf
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:..however there have been a few late withdrawals over the past few days Sad . Down to 84 entries as things stand.

Shame, and surprising. I guess most Chess players can't handle these time controls? :\
Good luck to one and all - should be a great event. Really disappointed I am unable to call in.
All,

Can we please make sure and get plenty of decent photographs of this great new event, not only for on here but also for advertising for future events? Our resident David Bailey (Andy Howie) is across at the Primary Individual at Culzean castle, presently trying to shoehorn himself into his wet suit for canyoning tomorrow. A local high tide warning has been issued and Andy is hoping that Paul MacDonald will be fit enough later to compete with him in the synchronised swimming trials for the Olympic games,

Robin.
robin moore Wrote:All,

Can we please make sure and get plenty of decent photographs of this great new event, not only for on here but also for advertising for future events? Our resident David Bailey (Andy Howie) is across at the Primary Individual at Culzean castle, presently trying to shoehorn himself into his wet suit for canyoning tomorrow. A local high tide warning has been issued and Andy is hoping that Paul MacDonald will be fit enough later to compete with him in the synchronised swimming trials for the Olympic games,

Robin.

:U
An excellent tournament! Thanks Jonathan, Alex, Lara and all else involved.

Would love to see more blitz events. Big Grin
The event looked super. Smashing venue.

Someone asked for pics. I took a few before going to work.

I tried to post them on here but I was met with "Your images may only be up to 500 pixels wide."

I'll send them to the editor of Scottish Chess.

You can see a couple here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread.php?blogpostid=105">http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread ... postid=105</a><!-- m -->
I'd just like to thank everyone once again for supporting the Scottish Blitz in its first year! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

I forgot to thank Alex and Lara at the prize-giving for their amazing help and for giving up their free time to help run the tournament... They were honestly great.

Hope to see you all next year!
Many thanks to Jonathan for making this event happen and all those involved in the organisation and running of the event.

I think on the back of this Aberdeen had the blessing of having 3 English GM's entertaining the Chess playing faithful in Aberdeen along with lots of up and coming juniors today.

Well done to all for the effort organising these events and some lucky youngsters got the benefit of some top coaching from Daniel Gormally and Simon Williams. Well done to them, the organisers and also Albyn School for providing the venue.