Poll: What do you feel is a suitable entry fee (excl. reductions)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£10-14
21.05%
4 21.05%
£15-16
5.26%
1 5.26%
£17-18
0%
0 0%
£19-20
10.53%
2 10.53%
£20-24
21.05%
4 21.05%
£25-27
5.26%
1 5.26%
£28-30
36.84%
7 36.84%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Chess Blitz Championship
Agree with George - this is a very exciting event and a very exciting year for Chess in Scotland. The Scottish Championship looks like it's going to be good, and there are some other events which look strong too (such as Prestwick). Is the key to a successful event attracting a top Grandmaster? It seems to have been the spark in your event Jonathan, and one thing has led to another. Big Grin

I can't wait.
All non-titled players entered by Friday 11th May (in two weeks time) will be entered into a draw with the chance to win a 2 hour coaching session with English Grandmaster Daniel Gormally. GM Gormally is currently rated 2520.

The draw will take place at the prize-giving on 16th June.
Just a quick reminder that all entries received before the end of this week will be entered into the draw with the chance to win a free 2-hour coaching session with Danny Gormally.

Also, McBookie are going to be releasing the odds for the Scottish Blitz and open the market later this week - hopefully this will be an enjoyable novelty for some.
Can I bet on myself to blunder my Queen after 8 moves? I must get some pretty nice odds on that? Big Grin
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Can I bet on myself to blunder my Queen after 8 moves? I must get some pretty nice odds on that? Big Grin

;P

Just a note: If there isn't a higher contingent of players who qualify for the grading prizes entered then I'll combine the two grading prize tiers and reallocate for prizes higher up. (There's currently only 9 who qualify for U2000, and 12 for U1700).
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Can I bet on myself to blunder my Queen after 8 moves? I must get some pretty nice odds on that? Big Grin

;P

Just a note: If there isn't a higher contingent of players who qualify for the grading prizes entered then I'll combine the two grading prize tiers and reallocate for prizes higher up. (There's currently only 9 who qualify for U2000, and 12 for U1700).

There's a first! Tremendous. (unless you are using allegro grade and maybe I am one of the 9 in which case - terrible idea)
That market is now up for betting on McBookie.

The link for it is on the website banners http://www.scottishblitz.com. Alternatively click here. Once on the homepage the Blitz market is under Novelty Markets.

Not every player has odds; however, if you want odds to be made for yourself just let me know and I can send them in with the next batch of entries.
40/1? =o I've been practising 3/2 for weeks now online - think I might just place a wee wager on myself ;P

More realistically, Alan Tate at 16/1? Seriously good odds there!
Market seems not to be open any more. I was joint bottom of the odds at 66/1 earlier. I need a new agent.
That's the market back up now.

They're going to be taking the market down every so often and keeping a regular eye on it seeing as they've never offered chess before =) .