Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement from Admin Director
The (Jim Webster) note of 13 March at front page of CS website says that all (CS) 'Cancelled' events are 'subject to review' end April or so by Man Board. My main interest is the Richardson. Is the Richardson (semis and final) truly 'cancelled' for this year or in effect 'postponed' until review end-April? Jim/Ian: please dispel confusion. Many thanks!

Personally I think wholesale cancellation is not (at least yet) in accord with any likely Government advice to 'cancel' so-called 'mass' events. The Richardson semis and finals could easily be staged with a maximum of only around 20 people involved at each, even in May or June (and without any need to convene a 'larger' Richardson/Spens/and any other club final by CS in Grangemouth).

Clubs used to cope with that sort of May finish (even sometimes June, I think) without fuss not so many years ago. So why rush to cancel the semis and final of that event in particular? What actual government advice is at stake here? What actual practically insurmountable obstacles? Why not wait until end-April to make a final decision?

Messages In This Thread
Announcement from Admin Director - by Ianbrownlee - 13-03-2020, 09:48 AM
RE: Announcement from Admin Director - by Craig Pritchett - 16-03-2020, 10:23 AM