Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson Review
The details of the Review from the Management Committee meeting are now available online https://www.chessscotland.com/news-post/...up-review/

Comments and queries to this thread please Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Who will the controller be who will co-ordinate team submissions and distributions ?
Are we keeping 40 in 2 hours or moving to 40 in 1.5 hr + increments ?
Great to see CS acting on the feedback and improving the Richardson. Looking forward to playing it in 2017/18.
Point 1 - I support the decision to reject this.
Point 2 - The key point for me and very pleased to see this. This is a big step forward.
Point 3 - no strong views
Point 4 - no strong views. The coin flip is fine for me. These days "away" teams are often not "away" at all since many matches are played in a mutually agreed convenient location.
Point 5 - OK. Personally I have no issues with teams playing out of order as long as it's published in advance. I would probably leave as "the order should be maintained for the season" i.e. no swapping around from one match to the next. As an aside I do doubt "CS live" is really a good idea for any event since, I believe, not all events submit results in as timely a fashion so the suggestion these are somehow indicating latest form is somewhat dubious. If all CS events and player playing overseas were all submitting within 2-4 weeks of games played then that would maybe change things but until then I'd forget it
Point 6 - Since board orders are constrained by grading rules, this may make this one hard to achieve since many clubs may simply not have anyone available to fill the particular slot and still meet the grade rules for board order - what happens then? Not sure we can have this and 6. Personally I prefer we keep this one and ditch 5.   
Point 7 - OK
Point 8 - Increments are good and for a FIDE event should be expected now.

Overall: Good progress! Thanks
(26-04-2017, 11:01 AM)amuir Wrote: Who will the controller be who will co-ordinate team submissions and distributions ?
Are we keeping 40 in 2 hours or moving to 40 in 1.5 hr + increments ?

Tournament Director is ultimately responsible for all aspects of your point Andy. We are looking into a bit of redundancy for this i.e have three people making sure the postings are made. Its a bit of admin I know but if the load is shared I dont see an issue especially if its done as a group email.