Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Chess magazine - August 2014 Issue
Hi everyone,

As the new editor of Scottish Chess magazine I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Peter Wood for his excellent stewardship over the last few years - hopefully I can match his standards!

I am expecting to have the next issue out by mid-August, so please feel free to contact me if you have anything you'd like to see included - the deadline for copy is Wednesday July 30th.

I have already contacted many of those who regularly contribute to the magazine and plan to contact many more in the days to come - CS directors/event organisers/league secretaries/members/writers/etc. - but please feel free to contact me in the meantime via abburnett (at) hotmail.com

I'm really looking forward to the challenge but will obviously require help from all those mentioned and others to produce the quality of publication we have become accustomed to. All suggestions, comments, offers of support and constructive criticisms are welcome!

Kind regards,
Andy Burnett
Good luck with this Andy! Big Grin
A quick update to let you all know that I hope to have the next issue of the magazine finished by the end of this week, at the printers shortly thereafter and on your doorsteps ASAP!

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this issue. I hope to have things back on track for mid-October for the next issue.

Anyone interested in contributing to the magazine in future please feel free to get in touch with me via <!-- e --><a href="mailto:abburnett@hotmail.com">abburnett@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> for the present: those who haven't heard from me and were expecting to/hoping to should empty some messages from their inboxes here on the noticeboard!

Kind regards,
Andy Burnett
I've been trying (in vain) to contact several people through the PM service here and by conventional e-mail.
Could David Deary, David Congalton, Peter Woods and Alex Gillies drop me a line either here or via abburnett (at) hotmail.com asap please Smile

Cheers,
Andy

P.S. I have a feeling this was asked previously, but would it be possible to extend the Inbox service here to more than 20 messages?
Hi Andy,

I've emailed you... Its best not to message me on the board as my inbox is always full.

Alternatively, you can email me or phone me (details on the coach list) http://www.chessscotland.com/membership/CoachList.htm
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
David Deary Wrote:Hi Andy,

I've emailed you... Its best not to message me on the board as my inbox is always full.

Alternatively, you can email me or phone me (details on the coach list) http://www.chessscotland.com/membership/CoachList.htm

Cheers David Smile
Hi everyone,

An update on the delayed issues of the CS magazine. All magazines have been posted and should be with you very shortly (if not today). Overseas subscribers may have to wait a few extra days.

To make up for the non-appearance of the June issue, an 'extra' September issue has been produced and was sent off to the printers today.

I have started work on the October issue and that will bring us back into a proper time-scale of an issue every 2 months. (Deadline date for October submissions is 10th October please!)

My apologies for the delays, but hopefully you will understand that taking on the new role, contacting everyone involved and learning the ropes can sometimes take longer than expected or hoped for!

My thanks go to Dick Heathwood and Peter Woods (among others) for their invaluable help and please feel free to contact me via editor (at) chessscotland.com or abburnett (at) hotmail.com if you have any questions/queries/ideas or suggestions regarding the magazine.

Many thanks for your patience,
Andy Burnett (editor, Chess Scotland magazine)
well done mate
Received this morning. Well done on your first mag as editor. Gave up after fifteen minutes on position six in the new junior puzzle corner. A brammer of a finish (from Andrew I think?)
Thanks guys and please, contact me with any ideas and suggestions for improving the mag - I won't promise to agree, but I'll welcome then anyway!
Andy