Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Senior Individual Championships 2018, Bled, Slovenia, 17-30 November
Hi all,

Already some Scottish interest in this event. Sections for 50+ and 65+ as usual. Anyone looking for more information please check the website/regulations via ...

http://www.fide.com/index.php?option=com...w&aid=1403

...for more information, and/or contact me directly!

Many thanks,
Andy Burnett

(CS International Director)
(25-06-2018, 07:08 PM)andybburnett Wrote: Hi all,

Already some Scottish interest in this event. Sections for 50+ and 65+ as usual. Anyone looking for more information please check the website/regulations via ...

http://www.fide.com/index.php?option=com...w&aid=1403

...for more information, and/or contact me directly!

Many thanks,
Andy Burnett

(CS International Director)

Hi Andy,
Maybe you could publish more details re Scotland's representatives and how to access information and, hopefully, live games from Bled.  Hope you have successful and enjoyable trip to a lovely location  Smile
Hi Alan,

Players are:-

Open 50+
GM Ketevan Arakhamia-Grant, IM Stephen R Mannion, Jonathan I M Grant , Neil Farrell, Peter R Smith, Rosemary A Giulian

Open 65+
IM Craig W Pritchett, FM Philip M Giulian, Raj Bhopal, Douglas McKerracher, Jim J Webster

The details, live games etc should be available from here: http://wscc2018.european-chessacademy.com/index.php/en/
Excellent day for the Scots in Round 5 today. Keti joint leader on 4.5/5, with Steve, Neil and Jonathan near top of over 50s and Craig (3.5/5) Philip and Raj all winning and Douglas and Jim drawing against higher rated opponents in 65+.section
Good luck tomorrow in 6 round (of 11). Should be good games to watch from top 15 boards in each event
Excellent competetive win today by Craig Pritchett after a rather unpromising opening and a well played draw with Black by Keti in top of table encounter and Steve Mannion also had good draw on live boards.
All 13 of our representatives acquitting themselves reasonably well by their own standards at the half way stage. In the over 50s, draw today between Mannion and J Grant. Keti is continuing her strong Olympiad form and is still unbeaten. Definitely going for it today with a strong attacking position. Don't want to jinx it, but a win today could take her into first place!
Oops..looks like I did jinx it. Sorry. Keti was doing very well (+2) but didn't convert and got turned over in the end. Movsessian won and now leads.
After a could of losses, Keti recovered well in round seven with a nice win but is rewarded with a penultimate round game with Jonathan who is also doing very well!  Craig is still among the leaders in the 65+ event and has white today and Philip is climbing the table. Jim Webster is having good event. These 11 round tournaments conclude in Bled tomorrow with the Workd Championship playoffs today.