Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Scotland Fund Raising
Ian,
You have some interesting ideas, let me give you some thoughts

1. Fundraising tournament with trophies rather than prize money. That is a decent idea, but surely this is more appropriate at a local level rather than a national level. Wouldn't it have more appeal to fundraise for a local junior going to the world Youth in India rather than raising funds to go into a big pot

2. National schools competition
Not sure about this - a physical competition is always going to run into problems with travelling distances and Internet based tournaments are fraught with difficulties from School firewalls and the like. Yes2Chess is trying to organise one with the backing of Barclays, so why not accept that someone else is doing this and let them get on with it?

3. Inter-regional league - isn't that the SNCL?

4. Give clubs an incentive to raise funds - couldn't the incentive be that they'll raise funds? They can then use the money to support local chess initiatives/players.

5. Use ChessScotland raise resources e.g. stronger player to raise money - I don't really understand this ChessScotland doesn't own stronger players. You are effectively asking stronger player to donate their 'pay' to ChessScotland; Why do you think they will/should do this?

6. Recommend resources/good practices to schools - great idea, but isn't this a core responsibility of a nationally governing body; I personally think it should be a spending priority not a fundraising opportunity.

7. Link local clubs to school - this is very, very difficult to do. it would be great if it can happen, but again I don't really see it as a fundraising opportunity.

Messages In This Thread