Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson & Spens results
andyburnett Wrote:
Adam Bremner Wrote:I really hope that the decision is only made public after the final, as publically releasing the outcome of it would certainly help one of the teams prep.

I also find it sad to note that someone has been discussing our team selection with our opponents, which they are now trying to act upon.

As for taking a running jump, I'd rather not, unless of course it is into a swimming pool of champagne to celebrate our victory.

-I wouldn't expect or want the result to be made public before the final for the reasons you give.

-Apparently it's been reasonably common knowledge (as a rumour) since about an hour after the semi-final. You should look at your own team first perhaps - but feel free to thank me for getting your captain/whoever to do the job he ought to have done in the first place (re: checking bona fide membership status with the arbiter/controller). You're welcome. Anytime.

-I don't think a victory either way would be a surprise now. However, beating Hamilton is one thing; beating the Dragons quite another Wink Not surprised, though, that you felt your team was needing a 'wee bit extra' to give us a decent match.

-Grand

-It was 100% not told to you by one of our players. The person who told you knew they were essentially helping you guys out, and would know we were trying to keep it quiet from Dragons, that is what annoys me. Since we found there was an issue being made of it, myself and Hamish decided we should get a second opinion, although we are 90% sure everything is OK. Perhaps we were naïve in expecting there would be no issues over it.

-Ooooooooooooooooh. Bring it. Smile Our victory was getting on the plane to Bilbao, anything more is a nice bonus. A nice silvery bonus.

P.S. Taking large numbers of inflatables is fine, right?

Messages In This Thread