Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of Grant
Adam Bremner Wrote:Having a look through the list, it seems everyone on there is making an active difference to peoples lives, generally in vulnerable areas. I also believe this is the "Children and Families" category for grants. Basically, as unpopular as this may make me on here (nothing new there!), I don't see how we deserve anything from this area, unless the money is specifically targeted at grassroots. I will assume that the government have a set amount of money to hand out, and I personally would be quite uncomfortable about taking a proportion away from a lot of the people on that list, especially if a large chunk is used on Olympiad funding.

I know that the structure of applying for a grant has changed, so I wonder if the application is maybe in the wrong category for us. I mean I think we definitely deserve something from the government, don't get me wrong. Perhaps we would stand more of a chance as a sporting or educational grant? It is just unfortunate that in the meantime while things are being reshuffled that Chess Scotland is losing out.

Adam

This is where we were instructed to make the grant application. I agree we.were on a hiding to nothing once we found out who we were up against.

One of my first reactions was this was the time to press for chess as a sport and annoy the crap out of Scottish Sports Council. Still might do that!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread