Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of Grant
Having a look through the list, it seems everyone on there is making an active difference to peoples lives, generally in vulnerable areas. I also believe this is the "Children and Families" category for grants. Basically, as unpopular as this may make me on here (nothing new there!), I don't see how we deserve anything from this area, unless the money is specifically targeted at grassroots. I will assume that the government have a set amount of money to hand out, and I personally would be quite uncomfortable about taking a proportion away from a lot of the people on that list, especially if a large chunk is used on Olympiad funding.

I know that the structure of applying for a grant has changed, so I wonder if the application is maybe in the wrong category for us. I mean I think we definitely deserve something from the government, don't get me wrong. Perhaps we would stand more of a chance as a sporting or educational grant? It is just unfortunate that in the meantime while things are being reshuffled that Chess Scotland is losing out.

Messages In This Thread