Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom of Speech
George Thomson Wrote:Ronnie, whether or not the players "become" members is not the issue. Even if new members join the club the team which earned promotion aught to receive their reward.
I and some of my fellow Cumbernauld Chess Club players INVESTED a lot of time, effort and money in order to EARN promotion. We should be playing in the Division one matches.

This seems to only be an issue because you yourself have not been picked for the team for this match.
For example our SNCL team has players that would not consider Cumbernauld
as their first club (although they are paid up members), yet since you are getting
to play in that team your protests about fellow Cumbernauld players being
disadvantaged has let's say been somewhat muted.

George Thomson Wrote:I raised this issue way back at the AGM and was told more or less, the Team captain does what he likes, he picks the team. I disagreed then and I disagree now and should have the right to do so even if it is in public. we are real people discussing real issues why should it have to be private, I have nothing to hide, and am not embarrassed for having this opinion.
As you have said you brought this up at the AGM and as far as I recall it was agreed by everyone present excluding yourself that team selection is a matter for the particular captain.
As I recall you seemed to be of the opinion that there were a host of highly rated players clambering to join the club to take your place as we had that year attained promotion to GCL1!
George Thomson Wrote:Ronnie your attempt to make me look bad for posting a JOKE about asylum seekers is rather comical.
I'm sure that 90% of the people who read this post would having taken it as perhaps a poor taste satirical quip.
The others would perhaps see me as A FASCIST or an Adolf Hitler type figure. This is the danger of trying to have a bit of fun. Some people see it as fun some do not.
You have brought this item into the open, therefore for clarity it is only fair that the full transcript of our dialogue be displayed, it is up to the readers to decide for themselves whether the text makes either of us look bad.

Messages In This Thread