Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dundee & Angus Congress results
Keith Rose Wrote:Grading performance are now available at our results page - http://www.dundee-congress.co.uk/results%202012.htm

Thanks are due to:
My colleagues on the organising committee
The arbiters - Mike Roth, Donald Wilson, Jim Anderson, Phil Thomas
Universis Technology Ltd
The players who made donations and who helped with the clearing up at the end
Provost of Angus Council, Cllr Helen Oswald who made the closing remarks and made the presentations

Keith

I have not previously controlled at Dundee and on behalf of the arbiters thanks to Keith and the organising committee for making our job so easy. As far as the minor section was concerned no data about byes went astray - a near unique experience for me.

As it turned out the players in the Minor created a remarkably small number of incidents to deal with. I had been initially a little concerned when I first saw the entry list and saw many very young players and three ungraded players.

As it turned out the ungraded players were adults who can play well without being sharks in the minor pool. The only incident I recall where rules had to be explained to a junior was when the opponent moved into check but had not pressed his clock (not a completed illegal move - because clock had not yet been pressed). For me that was very much a query in the style of a top golfer getting a ruling before playing his next shot from the rough.

Congratulations to Keith and his team on an all round first class performance. No surprise to me that the Dundee congress continues to grows in size and prestige year upon year.

Messages In This Thread