Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson 2012-13
Quote:If one team recruits players with similar grades eg Muir=Redpath=Coffey which gives more flexibility than another then they should be praised.

Extracted from Rules for Richardson/Spens Cup

4 Each club shall be represented by eight players who shall be bona fide members of the club they represent. They must be normally resident in Scotland or within 50 miles of the normal meeting place of the club. They need not be the same throughout the competition, but no player shall represent more than one club in the Richardson and Spens Cups or Campbell Rosebowl in any one season. For every infringement of this rule, one point shall be deducted from the score of the offending club and added to the score of the opposing club

5 To be bona fide a player should have:-
a Paid the required membership fee for the current season
b Satisfied at least one of the following:
* Represented the club in other events in the current or preceding season
* Represented that club previously for an extended period
* Represented that club previously and no other Scottish club between times
* Had no affiliation to a Scottish club for at least 5 years and the chosen club is geographically acceptable (ie not necessarily the closest but either near to being the closest suitable club or one more easily reached by road or rail)

Quote:I shall be asking Richardson captains to make proposals for rule changes e.g. board order , FIDE rating in May and votes will be taken.

The board order issue actually applies to all 3 cups (Richardson/Spens/Rosebowl) and there is no mandate to restrict any decision on this to Richardson captains only. I admit that most of the discussion regarding this is from Richardson teams, but on this point the same rule applies to all competitions regardless of playing strength even though player preparation is much less likely in Spens/Rosebowl. Nor do I see anywhere in the rules that this type of method to implement change is actually legitimate.

I see things rather simply I'm afraid - the rules are those published and there is no mandate for anyone, other than Home Director, to change them other than the AGM

Messages In This Thread