Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish 2012 - Parking Woes
Having been responsible for Mike turning right onto Glassford Street, I actually went there last night to have a look at the signage.

As you leave NCP there is in fact a no right turn sign over the exit, but this is inside the carpark, not on the road. I only found it because I went looking for it. The sign is far too high to be in a driver's line of sight as they negotiate the rather tight turns, and I feel that more could be done by NCP to alert users to the bus lane.

Opposite the exit there are two notices, they are very small, and only in black and white. They are not, repeat not, eye-catching. I for one never noticed them on any of the five occasions I left the car park with Mike. These signs only notify you that a bus lane exists. The bus lane would appear to terminate at the next set of traffic lights, some 50/60 metres further on. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that such notices should be instructions, and as such be in a circular sign and in red.

To be clear, I am of the opinion that the signs as at present are insufficient, if not indeed wrong. I intend returning later on Thursday to take a few photos.

Messages In This Thread