Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
I think a little investigation would reveal that job descriptions for directors already exist.
eg Technical Director:
1. To inform arbiters and organisers of current Laws and CS rules.
2. To advise arbiters and organisers regarding the application of the Laws, Swiss pairings, etc.
3. To monitor arbiter activity in Scotland. To maintain a list of qualified arbiters and encourage others to obtain or improve level of qualification.
4. To arrange courses for the training of arbiters where appropriate.
5. To review the operation of matters of interest to arbiters and propose changes as appropriate.
6. To make decisions regarding any dispute which may arise in the conduct of events under the control of Chess Scotland.
7. To assist organisers and arbiters by maintaining information about players whose behaviour gives cause for concern.
8. To monitor and comment on FIDE decisions and policies regarding the Laws and tournamentpractice.
9. To communicate with FIDE regarding matters affecting arbiters.

Please don’t read something dictatorial into para 6. In practice, it means that the Arbiters’ Committee can assist in resolving technical disputes.

Likewise, I was under the impression that it was well known that there would be a vacancy for Finance Director. It is surely quite normal for a board to propose a candidate whom it considers suitable (reminder – I’m not a member of the Board).

Messages In This Thread