Forums
AGM - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: AGM (/thread-327.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

AGM - Patrick McGovern - 24-07-2012

can anyone enlighten me as to when AGM starts?? Thanks Big Grin

Re: AGM - Patrick McGovern - 01-08-2012

Given the amount of pedants in the chess community I'm surprised that no-one has answered my query. Does anyone know?? =|

Re: AGM - JMcNicoll - 02-08-2012

As you are no doubt aware, Pat, the "notice" on the main site has the date but no details and a statement that they appear "shortly" after the Scottish.
It is 18 days after the Scottish and 16 days until the AGM. All depends on what definition of "shortly" Chess Scotland are using this week.
Another thought may be how constitutional a notice of an AGM is without providing details such as venue and start time. For instance a decision to hold it at midnight in Lerwick announced the day before it takes place may not be the best practice.
As always, we stand and wait on our betters deciding when and how to divulge what we want to know.

Re: AGM - Patrick McGovern - 03-08-2012

Quote:As always, we stand and wait on our betters deciding when and how to divulge what we want to know.

I always thought good attendance was better for AGM's for many reasons but i feel that lack of information will inhibit members from going. I have just taken a day off work to go so I hope it is not re-arranged. =|

Re: AGM - Andy Howie - 04-08-2012

It is on the front page. Michael booked the venue for me and we were having problems getting something. I would love to have it in Edinburgh but to do that we are going to have to either move to September or July as the Festival /Fringe makes Edinburgh not the easiest

Re: AGM - Patrick McGovern - 04-08-2012

Thanks Andy, better late than never eh? :U

Re: AGM - Jacqui Thomas - 04-08-2012

to save people hunting as I did .......

Address: Premier Inn Charing Cross,
10 Elmbank Gardens,
Glasgow,
G2 4PP
Start Date: Sunday 19/08/2012
End Date: Sunday 19/08/2012

Premises booked from 12:00 to 17:00

Re: AGM - Gary McPheator - 06-08-2012

I see that the names of those standing for posts in Chess Scotland and any proposals that have been put forward have not yet appeared on the website or by email. As the deadline for doing so was yesterday, is there a problem that has led to this delay?

Re: AGM - JMcNicoll - 06-08-2012

Gary, you're just not looking hard enough,
open the CS info on the main menu,
then click on AGM notice and all that you wish to find is there, I think.
It's a bit of a shame ther are some post's with no candidates attached to them and, indeed, posts which I was unaware were up for re-election. An advisory of which posts were available and a short description of the responsibilities that each post required would have been nice. Conspiracy theorists may say that would be because the incumbents would wish to choose the sucessors carefully.
I see a Hamish Glen is up for president, would it be too much to ask that he could introduce himself to the wider chess community with a short statement before the AGM outlining why he is the best and only candidate for the job?

Re: AGM - Gary McPheator - 06-08-2012

Cheers John, I could have sworn that wasn't there earlier today. It's not like me to miss something that is staring me in the face! I'll file that one under venue for matches.