Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
JMcNicoll Wrote:Gary, you're just not looking hard enough,
open the CS info on the main menu,
then click on AGM notice and all that you wish to find is there, I think.
It's a bit of a shame ther are some post's with no candidates attached to them and, indeed, posts which I was unaware were up for re-election. An advisory of which posts were available and a short description of the responsibilities that each post required would have been nice. Conspiracy theorists may say that would be because the incumbents would wish to choose the sucessors carefully.
I see a Hamish Glen is up for president, would it be too much to ask that he could introduce himself to the wider chess community with a short statement before the AGM outlining why he is the best and only candidate for the job?

Hi John,

All posts are up for re-election. The only position where the incumbent actively sought and vetted their own successor is Mac and I think we can all understand why! There was criticism last time when we did a list of vacant positions as people argued it made it look like no other position could be applied for. I am happy to consider that for next year.

I agree it would be a good idea for a short notice of what each Director does. Definitely something to consider

I can answer why Hamish is the only candidate. He was the only one to be nominated by anyone! I did hear murmurings of an East Coast candidate but it did not materialise.

As always if someone is interested in one of the vacant positions then we will take their nomination from the floor. This is not the ideal way to do it but it is preferable to having a gap.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread