Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topalov Simul
Alex McFarlane Wrote:The numbers were drawn at random by Lara calling out numbers to me.
I had intended top graded, juniors, female and everyone else to be the four sections. As it turned out junior and female were combined. Basically a pro rata number was generated by lot from Top graded and Women/Juniors. The unsuccessful were then put into the random draw. This gave a smaller chance to the lower graded players but too many low graded players would have put all participants at a disadvantage. The system was weighted effectively 2:2:1 (Strong/Jn&fem).
There was also the publicity angle to be considered (hence discrimination for juniors/female players).

I didn't look at membership - I didn't even think about it. I didn't look at clubs - again I didn't even consider that (but would have rejected it anyway).

I had hoped to do it in semi public at the Megafinal on Sunday but things were so busy that it just didn't happen.

I hope that this answers all the questions and no-one thinks the draw was held in a totally unreasonable manner.

Thank you. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me and good to know how it was done. I hope those involved have a good day and that we get a few points on the board at end of the day.

Messages In This Thread