Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special General Meeting - Good Governance
Walter, grateful for you bumping the thread.

I haven't got around to amending my first post. I'm on family duty today. I'm taking five minutes to post this before Peter Rabbit. 

I am going to drop Motion 1 having had some discussion wirh peers offline and given the precedent with EWP Motion 1 not being able to ammend the constitution I don't think its required now.

My motion 2 will become Motion 1 and effectively be for the following:

Quote:The SGM instructs the Management Board and Council to fulfil the governance required by the Constitution and set a date of before end-May 2022 for this season's AGM

In essence, I want the Association to have an AGM in accordance with the consititution, and the SGM is the route to compel the Management Board to have one.

Unfortunately, with an SGM the scope is quite narrow so I'm opting just to have the one motion. Otherwise it could be ruled incompetent.

To David's point there is nothing in the rules to preclude a hybrid meeting or even a fully virtual one. Walter's point is the key one over technology being capable to cope with both. I expect you could muddle through with Teams or Zoom but it would probably be suboptimal.

I will post again later but my 5 minutes is up!
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Special General Meeting - Good Governance - by David Deary - 15-04-2022, 01:49 PM