Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson, Spens, Nancy Elder and MacIssac
Hi Guys
as home director It's time for me to pass on my views . The only change I asked to implement this year was to remove the 30 mile rule until I could assess what changes I could implement for the next year. At the moment it is not absolutely necessary for me to receive teamsheets 24 hours before a match although It would be nice to receive them. The initial draw was made at Dundee congress as in previous years. The Nancy Elder was regionalised as before. Communication errors due to old preocedures meant I was initially unable to communicate properly with team captains (this has now been rectified and will not happen again)
The option of a jamboree final weekend has been mooted but is not practical due to travel and accommodation requirements.
I would like to implement a player registration form for next years tournament with the proviso that additional players can be registered at the controller's discretion. This way a team could argue the eligibility of a player combined with the advantage that a new player could be added at relatively short notice if approved. I really cant see any reason why this would be difficult considering any competitive tournament in any sport or pastime requires player registrations. The ONLY important requirement is to get the results in asap for FIDE grading.
As with anything within my remit anyone can contact me anytime by email or telephone. I would be really happy to talk with anyone about this.

Messages In This Thread