Forums

Full Version: Richardson, Spens, Nancy Elder and MacIssac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Posting on behalf of many people

Current Entries (if you are missing let Karen and Ian know!)

Richardson

Cathcart
Dundee
Edinburgh West
Polytechnic
Wandering Dragons
Hamilton
Bon Accord
Edinburgh

Spens

Castlehill
Kilmarnock
Troon
Wandering Dragons
Hamilton

MacIssac
A. Dawson

Nancy Elder
T. Constance (Castlehill)
E. Rota (Castlehill)
R. Noble (Castlehill)
L. Paton (Castlehill)
K. Rose (Castlehill)
A. Grant (Castlehill)
J. Lynch (Castlehill)
E. Dawson (Castlehill)
A. Banerjee (Castlehill)
S. Banerjee (Castlehill)
C. Donkin (Wandering Dragons)
R. Crawford (Wandering Dragons)
J. Kleboe (Kilmarnock)
S. Hilton (Inverclyde)
Calum Mcgillvray (Edinburgh)
J. Anderson (Dundee)
Richardson Cup 2015-16

Qtr 1 Dundee vs Edinburgh West

Qtr 2 Edinburgh vs Hamilton

Qtr 3 Polytechnic vs Cathcart

Qtr 4 Wandering Dragons vs Bon Accord

Spens Cup 2015-16

Prelim : Troon vs Castlehill

Semi 1 Hamilton vs Kilmarnock

Semi 2 Civil service or Wandering Dragons vs Troon or Castlehill

Many thanks to Wandering Dragons for allowing Civil Service late entry

Draws made by John Dempsey at Dundee & Angus Congress
when does this round have to be played by?
Hi Hamish et al
Below is what we have in mind regarding dates

Richardson Q/Final Spens Prim
23/1/2016

Richardson/Spens Semi
12/3/2016

Richardson/Spens/Rosebowl finals
23/4/2016
The semi final date may be a bit arbitrally as we hope to have a chess jamboree weekend at the traditional finals weekend where will have the semi finals on the Saturday and the final on the Sunday subject to costings and availability
Results to be sent directly to meI would also like all captains to contact me directly as I intend for all player registration forms both for bona fide membership and also a means to fulfil any possible requirements for FIDE registrations. May I also remind captains at this point that any foreign players wishing to register for their own country and not SCO do so and inform mself (I will inform our grader Douglas Bryson)
Many thanks to Chris Donkin and Wandering Dragons for allowing Edinburgh Civil Service to enter the draw, truly in the best sporting spirit
Nancy Elder Draw 2015

T. Constance (Castlehill) x E. Rota (Castlehill)
R. Noble (Castlehill) v L. Paton (Castlehill)
K. Rose (Castlehill) V A. Grant (Castlehill)
A. Banerjee (Castlehill V J. Lynch (Castlehill)
E. Dawson (Castlehill)) V S. Banerjee (Castlehill)
C. Donkin (Wandering Dragons) V Calum Mcgillvray (Edinburgh)
R. Crawford (Wandering Dragons)V J. Anderson (Dundee)
J. Kleboe (Kilmarnock) V S. Hilton (Inverclyde)

Hi Guys
I've made the first round as regional as possible so hopefully there's not too much travelling. Let me know if you need anything. I dont have all contact details yet so please pass on the draw to entrants just in case. send all results to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk">ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk</a><!-- e --> and as soon as i get get individual results I';ll send it to the grader for grading
Ian,
It is not made clear who is the home player and therefore has black.
Can you clarify this please?
I would like the first round completed by December 2015 ,quarter finals of the Nancy Elder completed by January 2016 m the semi finals by February. That gives us a bit of breathing space for the final in April should we need it

First player as always has black and plays home, In the event of a draw you switch colours and venues and in the event of a further draw we may introduce an allegro game I take your point Stevie as the Black player has home advantage . If Black wishes to give up home advantage for whatever reason he is still Black regardless. I missed your phone call Stevie as I was upstairs getting ready. We are a bit more relaxed with time controls if both players agree a different time control(e.g to play the game on a club night where time controls can be a bit more restrictive. Dependant on the state of play in the tournament we may have to introduce an allegro game to decide drawn games sooner than later
please reread the amended post I had mucked up (sorry everybody) Home player is listed first and has Black.
Result:

Wandering Dragons 2- Bon Accord 6

Also:
Ianbrownlee Wrote:The semi final date may be a bit arbitrally as we hope to have a chess jamboree weekend at the traditional finals weekend where will have the semi finals on the Saturday and the final on the Sunday subject to costings and availability

Is this actually happening? I really hope not. Also disappointed that the team list idea despite being agreed on wasn't implemented.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11