Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM proposals
AGM proposal - clarification and modification

More than one person has interpreted one part of my AGM motion on eligibility as implying that CS membership is to be required before a FIDE SCO code is allocated. This was not the intention - which was only that the three requirements numbered (1),(ii) and (iii) are built in to the CS SCO code not the CS membership (which would have unwanted ramifications for domestic FIDE rated events).

To make this clear, at the AGM I will suggest a modification to the wording, for example (highlighted in bold):

AGM Proposal on eligibility:

To be eligible to compete for any Scottish individual national championship title (excluding primary school events), or to be eligible to represent Scotland in any international competition a person must be a member of Chess Scotland and in addition must meet at least one of the prevailing eligibility requirements relating to

(i) birth - i.e. be born in Scotland,
(ii) bloodline – i.e. have one parent born in Scotland (or grandparent if so determined by a vote of CS members), or
(iii) residence - i.e. have permanently lived in Scotland for the requisite number of years [currently 2].

The requirements (i) to (iii) shall be built into Chess Scotland’s rules for eligibility for national Championships and rules for eligibility for international selection, and reflected in future Operating Procedures that relate to eligibility and the allocation of future FIDE ‘SCO’ registration codes. The criteria used and/or future Operating Procedures shall also deal with further parameters of these eligibility requirements, such as any differences that are appropriate in determining the eligibility of juniors.

For international selection, additional criteria may be set by the tournament organisers concerned (including age and rating limits). [END]

Messages In This Thread