Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM proposals
Message from dictator Andy Howie this morning:

Good morning Andy
Your motions were received after the cut off. Accordingly I cannot take them forward.
I note that quite a few are for the new constitution. I would recommend that you submit them for the SGM. Details of when and where will be forthcoming.
To answer the question you posed on the noticeboard. As I did not receive anything from you advising you wanted to continue, I have had to record as no nominaton received.
Regards
Andy
1 . The Scottish Champion must be SCO FIDE affiliated.(SECONDED BY G NEAVE)
2. Having a Scottish grandparent is insufficient eligibility to represent Scotland. This shall not appear in any eligibility rules.
3. Matt Turner will be considered for the Olympiad as a wildcard due to services to chess, subject to agreement of the reamining team members.
4. There shall be no selection oversight position. International Directors shall be solely responsible for selections.
5. Directors shall serve a one-year term. (As in football, bad managers should be sacked promptly)
6. The Scottish Championships shall not overlap the Glorney Cup dates (our top players rarely play in the Glorney and haven't won for 50 years)
7. A player who refuses selection for Glorney Cup without good reason shall have receive no further CS funding for 2 years.

Predictions for 2016
1. Danish player Jacob Aagaard wins the Scottish Championship. Mark Orr finishes second.
2. England win the Glorney Cup again. Scotland finish last.
3. Matt Turner stops training Scottish Juniors.
4. Several English GMs qualify for Olympiad team on grandparent rule.Selector oversight director makes changes to Olympiad squad to get his own person in the team.
5. A lazy director fails to attend any meetings or do any work. He refuses to leave without financial compensation.
6. The SGM is held on a weekday morning with an attendance of 10 people. The new constitution is passed unanimously.

I enjoyed working as ID and Richardson controller but that's the end for me.

Messages In This Thread