Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM proposals
Hi All. Two AGM proposals on eligibility and the ‘grandparent rule’ below.

The purpose is to meet three aims:

1) CS members should have a final (and genuine) say on the grandparent rule, offered in the second proposal.
2) Basic principles set by members should be established before control is given away.
3) Giving remaining flexibility to CS management and selectors, while respecting the views of members.

Cheers
BTW - needs a seconder, deadline is 6.0 Sat ... Smile

1) AGM Proposal on eligibility:

To be eligible to compete for any Scottish individual national championship title, or to be eligible to represent Scotland in any international competition a person must be a member of Chess Scotland and must meet at least one of the prevailing eligibility requirements relating to

(i) birth - i.e. be born in Scotland,
(ii) bloodline - parent born in Scotland (or grandparent if so determined by a vote of CS members), or
(iii) residence - i.e. have lived in Scotland for the requisite number of years [currently 2].

These primary requirements shall be built into Chess Scotland’s Operating Procedures which shall also allocate FIDE ‘SCO’ registration codes on this basis in future. The Operating Procedures shall also deal with further parameters of these criteria, and other issues that may arise (such as a shorter residency requirements for juniors, any ‘fadeout’ period for players qualifying on residence that later leave Scotland, players relinquishing their SCO code etc).

For international selection, additional criteria may be set by the tournament organisers concerned (including age and rating limits).

2) AGM Proposal on the grandparent rule:

The ‘bloodline’ requirement in the eligibility criteria shall be changed from ‘parent born in Scotland’ to ‘grandparent born in Scotland’.

Messages In This Thread