Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brown
The memorial service for Tom already mentioned will be at St Nicholas Church Saturday 24th October at 11.30 am. Anyone who requires any further details please contact me

from Marjorie Tom's sister
Dear Friends of Tom,

I have not had any news from Fort William Police Force with regards to searching for
Tom's body for over a month now. I understand that I shall not hear anything more unless
by chance Tom's body is found. If a widespread search takes place in the same area for
another missing person, then there is a chance Tom might be found and I would let you know.

A number of you thought that you might be able to attend a service in Lanark to celebrate
Tom's life and so I am attaching a map of Lanark to help you find St Nicholas Church, where
the service will take place at 11.30am on the 24 October. Afterwards we will be at the Woodpecker',
where we hope you can join the family for a light buffet lunch and chat afterwards.

PARKING: There are many small car parks clustered round the town centre and shown on the map.
Most are free. There is a giant Tesco's car park off North Vennel, which has plenty of
spaces usually, and while designed for shoppers seems to have no time restrictions, but do check.

I am sure Tom would not want a fuss -- so no need for you to wear anything sombre.
"Just come as you are", was one of Tom's favourite quotes from the Rev. Freddie Salter of Glenmore.
If any of you are able to return with us to Tom's house at 147 St Leonard Street for a cup of tea/coffee
in the afternoon you will be very welcome. (The function room at 'The Woodpecker' is required
from 3pm onwards, so we have to be out by then.)

Kind regards,

Marjorie Ballantine

If anyone requires any further details please let me know, thank you all for your kind words and thoughts

Messages In This Thread