Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaur Chess in Schools
I am sure I am not alone in thinking that it is extremely disappointing that Chess Scotland has had no-one in place for over a year now supporting the superb initiative of Dino Chess in schools, particularly as Craig has reported this apparently dead link more than once over the last year or so with no response from CS. As Craig also says :

‘Dino Chess which is not just free and comes with software enabling use on school white boards but is also Scottish-designed and an absolutely first-class teaching and self-learning tool for kids of all ages’

Surely if Chess Scotland are serious about supporting chess in schools then this will be rectified as soon as possible? My initial thoughts are that this should fall under the remit of the Schools Development Director?

There is also another link on the schools section of the CS website with the same link as the Dino chess had (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedchoolclubs@chessscotland.com">schoolclubs@chessscotland.com</a><!-- e -->). It’s the link to request the "beginner's guide" instruction course prepared by Alex McFarlane to help school club organisers teach chess. The guide contains teachers' notes, pupil worksheets and answers and a Powerpoint based presentation. This would be an invaluable tool for teachers or anyone else who are thinking about starting up a school chess club. Therefore it would be great if this link could be updated too please.

Messages In This Thread