Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motion 1 (wording to go to Council)
StevieHilton Wrote:
Ianbrownlee Wrote:
StevieHilton Wrote:Neutral venue

then who vets that as suitable?

You should as disability officer or the team captain of the team giving up the home venue.

in a neutral venue there is no home captain as such and the chances are no one has even seen this venue before.

Also
I don't believe there is a need to start checking disability on anybody, or keep any records. As already stated by other people. The onus is on the disabled player to indicate his or her needs as soon as possible. If there is say three or four weeks notice then I don't see an issue if both captains agree a scenario. Each complaint would have to be judged. If the home organiser refuses to help (which I think has never happened) then a complaint would have to be sent to the tournament director who would then have to judge each case on its own merit. As the rules stand (FIDE) if the complaint is upheld then no game in the entire tournament can be FIDE rated, even for games held in different rounds and/or different venues.

You can see where this is going. There is not one organiser but at least one per venue per match. I think we have to specify the interval between when the game is actually played and when a disabled player is expected to request his/her requirements.

Messages In This Thread