Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motion 1 (wording to go to Council)
There is a need to be just a little careful here.

The original motion was:
1.1 Implementation of Guidelines from FIDE for Tournaments in which Disabled Players Participate

Copied below this was the actual wording of the FIDE Guidelines. These are not as far as I am aware negotiable/alterable by Chess Scotland
( OMG - Steve might agree with me again - don't know if I could take this twice in a week).

What we should be discussing is how to implement these, albeit modified, into CS only events. Clubs, leagues, congresses but NOT those that are FIDE rated.

There may well be cases where these guidelines cannot be fully implemented, but in that case there should be an exception clause added in any pertinent notices. There are precedents in taking exceptions as they happen quite often with the "zero tolerance" time for being at the board at the designated start time.. I have seen FIDE rated tournament conditions specifically altering this.

There is, I think, a need to clearly identify and label that these modified guidelines are for use within Scotland for non FIDE rated events.

Messages In This Thread