Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motion 1 (wording to go to Council)
Mike Scott Wrote:Hi
Actually I thought that Phil's suggestion does make sense, especially from the view point that as disabled players are looking simply to be treated equally, the fewer the laws that are specific to disabled players the better.

To be honest I am amazed that anyone would or could successfully object to playing a particular opponent, other than on grounds of an error in the draw. You do not have to play but then you should simply be defaulted.

One thought though is that if there is the suggestion that the objection is based on disability, race, etc then perhaps there should be some legislation against that specifically as it surely has no place in chess (or anywhere else) so that some additional penalty could be imposed.

I seem to have changed my mind!

I find myself agreeing with Mike Scott.

Moving the discussion on.

The last time I was drawn against Robin the game stared with a handshake. The game finished with a handshake followed by a short discussion and later on discussion on the notice board.

Had there been no handshakes and/or no discussion between players that would not have damaged either the tournament or the players enjoyment of the game.

Before the game my thoughts were mainly focussed on whether I should stick to my repertoire and allow Robin to play his most dangerous and most effective opening (IMO) or whether I should deviate early on and play a Caro-Kann.

Ian,
I will send you a private email tonight.

Messages In This Thread