Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney 2012
Glorney Bd 1: win for Andrew
Bd 3: loss for Ian
Glorney Bd 2: win for Hamish
Really nicely played by Andrew and Hamish on top 2 boards. Hope David can hold his position.

Fantastic results in the other matches. Well done to all.
U12 Bd 1: loss for Murad

(unfortunately, from a won position)

U12 final score: Scotland 1 - 5 England
Am I right in thinking the same five can play next year. Some really good pl
ay from them all and if the team is the same a year on I shudder to think how good they will be!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Glorney Bd 5: loss for David

Glorney final score: Scotland 2 - 3 England

So that's one match won, one match drawn and two matches lost this afternoon.

I don't speculate on ifs and buts - they even themselves out over time. All our players put in a terrific effort today. They've just got to keep that going tomorrow, and nobody will have anything to be ashamed of.
To answer Andy's query, Hamish and David will not be available next year, as they will be J18s.

But Jonny Scott, Shivan Murdochy, Sam Gregory will still be young enough to come in. And we've got Andrew McCusker, Daniel Deary and Carl Milton knocking on the door, so we have grounds for optimism.
As some of the guys involved in Scottish junior chess have implied, we are trying to build a long term structure based around players from every corner of our country. This is not going to be an overnight magic wand result but we feel we have many incredibly progressive young players in all areas that we are trying to encourage and support. There are loads of established, young and enthusiastic players out there that have helped our juniors and myself in the last year.
If you feel you would like to be involved in this challenge please feel free to contact me,

Robin.
Quote:I don't speculate on ifs and buts - they even themselves out over time

This is very true. In all sport at this level you eventually get what you deserve.

There is absolutely no point in 'if only'

The next game is the most important one.
Talent, hard work and hopefully good sportsmanship will be rewarded.
Angus McDonald Wrote:
Quote:I don't speculate on ifs and buts - they even themselves out over time

This is very true. In all sport at this level you eventually get what you deserve.

There is absolutely no point in 'if only'

The next game is the most important one.
Talent, hard work and hopefully good sportsmanship will be rewarded.

We really need a like button on this forum. Well said!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"