Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney and Faber 2015
The first thing is to "clarify the aim" ; to be clear on whether or not we have that goal - I'm not sure it's obvious that we do. It may be, for example, that (having limited resources) we see progressing our more advanced and senior players as being more important. That's not entirely unreasonable - neither answer would be 'right' or 'wrong,' it's simply that we need to know which it is. The point is that without first clarifying what we want to achieve it is too easy to end up being busy being busy and doing what we did last year and the year before - I notice last year's scores are about the same as this year's for example.

If we decided we wanted to win this next year and that that was a priority then I have no doubt we could do that. I don't think it even takes more money, or even more enthusiasm. It's really just about clarifying the aim. I'd give my time to making that happen because it's an interesting and engaging and worthwhile challenge. Such things are inherently motivating - and I'm pretty sure there are no shortage of others who would feel the same way.

A "plan" is detail - there are various ways to address the detail ; the first thing is to be clear on whether there is an agreed and genuine and serious goal that we want to devote ourselves to achieving. As my elder daughter demonstrated at the Scottish, you can make a serious difference in less than a year -
and it's not all about time.

Messages In This Thread