Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney and Faber 2015
Here are some thoughts on the team lists

Glorney
Ireland are favourites for me, not least because they have the class act of the event in Conor O'Donnell. I think Scotland should look to beat Wales, overpowering them on the lower boards. England will considerable out-rate Scotland, whilst they lack any real superstars they bat all the way down and the Scottish top boards will need to take any opportunities in that one.

Faber
The Scots will start as underdogs here. I think the girls are considerably underrated, but I think the same can be said of the other teams too. The Welsh are a young and rapidly improving side and could well challenge England for the title. Scotland will have a decent chance against Ireland and over the course of three boards anything is possible in the other fixtures.

Robinson
This seems like the most open tournament to me and I couldn't discount any of the four sides. A lot rests on the top two boards, Scotland's leading two seem (to me) to be the best in the competition and if they perform well then there is no reason why Scotland couldn't be victorious

Stokes
The Stokes is something of an unknown quantity, but on the face of it looks tough for Scotland. England and Wales are both the highest rated and most experienced and could well contest the title. Scotland will be looking to a close match against the Irish, but the opposition are sure to be buoyed by local support.

I am looking forward to an exciting event in Dublin. I will endeavour to give some comments throughout the tournament, assuming we have Wifi.

Messages In This Thread