Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBCA World Championships , Greece
After 6 rounds Steve Hilton has a noteworthy 3/6

Steve's only 2 losses being against the 7th and 15th seeds both IM players. I think at least one of them is a former world champion .

Next opponent is an ungraded American whose games so far have resulted in 6 wins for the white pieces and 6 losses for the black pieces.

Steve will be ................. White

Hope the American's sequence continues
Draw today for Steve, stays on 50% with 3.5/7

Next up a 1981 rated Slovakian
I hear these two played 2 years ago at the Olympiad.
Result a draw but Steve took the draw in a good position to give the team a won match.

Good luck tomorrow Steve.
Steve's result today was a draw with the black pieces.

Half point needed from the final round to hit a very impressive 50% for the tournament - which I gather was the target Steve set for himself.

Tomorrow's opponent is a German with FIDE grade of 2012.
Steve has white
Final round today started early at 9.00 a.m local time - around 5 1/4 hours ago.

Works email doesn't less me go to the tournament web site - does anyone know Steve's result yet?
A draw, so he finished on 4.5/9. Well done, Steve!
Well done Stevie!
Alex Gillies Wrote:Well done Stevie!

+1 Smile
Thanks everyone for their interest.
The 2 games I lost were to 2 players who both won the World championship twice!!
This was my 3rd World Championship and each time I have scored 50% with the same make up of my score, ie: 2 wins 5 draws and 2 losses
My statistics now read 6 wins 15 draws and 6 losses, only one of which was with white.
congratulations stevie; you must be an inspiration and role model for partially sighted players in Scotland