Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dundee Congress
Greetings all - online entry is now enabled at

Online entry

All other info from Congress website
Dear Keith.  Time for details or you will not get many entrants.  Is the top section an open?  What is time control? etc?  Cannot enter without details.
Good sense is of all things in the world the most equally distributed, for everybody thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that even those most difficult to please do not commonly desire more of it than they already possess. Descartes
(31-08-2023, 11:20 AM)donaldheron Wrote: Dear Keith.  Time for details or you will not get many entrants.  Is the top section an open?  What is time control? etc?  Cannot enter without details.

Hi Donald. please see the previous posting on this thread - invitation to enter, links to to the Congress website, where all info can be found, and entry form. The event has been on the CS website for some time and this includes links to the website.
It may be true that it has been on cs for some time with links but it ended with the comment that there would be details when available and definitly di not say see link for details so I stopped and did not see any links.  Difficult to be sure but it has changed since I looked a few days ago.  My brother also had the impression there were no details.  Anyway there are details now and I am happy with them so will be sending my entry soon (I am pondering if I want a bye or not on Friday).
Good sense is of all things in the world the most equally distributed, for everybody thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that even those most difficult to please do not commonly desire more of it than they already possess. Descartes
Car drivers attending the congress might be interested in a slight change to University campus parking. Parking is permitted after 5:30 on the Friday and all day (from 08:00) on Saturday and Sunday. Fees are lower than last year: up to 4 hours - £2.50, Full day - £3.65. See the congress Parking page for a map and full details.

https://dundeecongress.co.uk/parking.htm
There are now only six places remaining in the Open. If more than six applications arrive the first six received will get the places - no phone/text entries, online app only please.

There are still plenty of spaces for Major/Minor combined.
Results for Dundee 2023 are on Chess-results.com:

Dundee Open
Dundee Major
Dundee Minor
Prizewinners for 2023 are:

Open

1st= : IM Andrew Greet,
2nd = Ed Spencer, Aryan Munshi
Grading <1900:  Michael Ridge, Chris James
Grading <1800: Ian Marks, Alastair Dawson

Major
1st : Divyesh Salvaraj