Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Senior Team Championships - Dresden
"...the excellent Chess Results service with all related round by round statistics."

Quite right, Alan. I've been looking out for these to see how our teams are faring, but so far w/o success. Pity! Without these and game scores, we're all a bit in the dark.

George
R3 Result
Schachgemeinschaft Leipzig 2257 - Scotland 1 2369 2 : 2
1. FM Thomas Schubert 2347 - GM Colin A McNab 2432 ½ : ½
2. FM Manfred Böhnisch 2285 - IM Stephen R Mannion 2345 ½ : ½
3. FM Manfred Schoeneberg 2238 - IM Roderick M McKay 2348 1 : 0
4. Dr. Bernd Weber 2159 - IM Douglas M Bryson 2351 0 : 1

Germany Woman 2 1960 - Scotland 2 1929 1½ : 2½
1. WIM Constanze Jahn 2134 - James Stevenson 2071 ½ : ½
2. WIM Martina Beltz 2075 - Alan Scrimgour 2023 0 : 1
3. Martina Nobis 1876 - Alastair Dawson 1924 ½ : ½
4. Ina Gottschall 1755 - Richard Jennings 1699 ½ : ½

:-bd
Good effort by the B team, being out rated on every board. Although we eventually get the results, the format is not as good as Chess Results site and it is disappointing that only the top match in each section is "live". Some big games are coming up in the 50+ group in the next few rounds so hopefully, we will be in contention!
'A' team win today puts them in equal second place with Germany after The much-hyped English team lose to Slovakia. With Germany playing Slovakia tomorrow, another Scottish win tomorrow against the 5th seeds could see them top the rankings. (Hope I'm not putting the mockers on them!?).

'B' team still punching above their weight but a first loss for Alan Scrimgour today. They should get an easier draw tomorrow.
A draw keeps the 'A' team in contention and today they are playing the leaders, Slovakia, in the top match (on the one and only set of live boards in the over-50s) Who's watching?
I am. And Roddy has just drawn on Board 3! Fingers crossed for a good outcome overall.
Hi George - I am guessing Colin has also agreed a draw although it is not showing as such. But the Slovaks are following their tried and tested 'Draw with Black - win with White' strategy and the other two games look a bit dodgy. Decent result for Roddy against an experienced GM (and for Colin too if my theory is correct) but I think this match will be lost. If so there are plenty more rounds to regroup and push for a medal later.
Colin's board is now showing moves again so it isn't a draw. And he's got a difficult position too.
Dougie should be holding that ending I think. Colin is worse but not by much and we know how well he plays the endgames. But Steve has a very difficult game - his opponents pieces are too well placed.
Now three draws ... All down to Colin now. How will his R fare against 2Bs?

Maybe a loss in this match, Alastair, but it looks like a bonny fight!