Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth Championships
andyburnett Wrote:
George Neave Wrote:I know Andy Burnett was always going to struggle with his concentration today against Tanya Sachdev (all the pics of her on the blog is bit of a giveway :x ). Even so that collapse at end today really was a bit of a shocker Sad

Hey! The 'collapse' was one bad move George (...f5, a miscalculation) after I decided to play for the win (I could probably have 'repeated' with ...Kh7!?).

Never mind the excuses, Andy, just get the pics up on the Blog Smile
andyburnett Wrote:27 players on 3/5 and I have to play my brother? Are you serious??
I'm really not impressed with this at all.

Another reason why I hate computer generated draws!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Sounds like a simple fix via feedback of the software - the computer generated draw software could include a field for things like relative in a future update?
Round 5 blog now available (also linked from the homepage)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.streetfightingchess.com/commonwealth-scottish-championships-round-1/">http://www.streetfightingchess.com/comm ... s-round-1/</a><!-- m -->
Andy Howie Wrote:
andyburnett Wrote:27 players on 3/5 and I have to play my brother? Are you serious??

I understand it's computer-generated, but there has to be a manual over-ride available. Playing the occasional game against a team-mate/friend is unavoidable, but siblings should not be paired unless totally necessary.

Walter is just as pissed off about this as I am....I'll travel from Glenrothes, he'll come from Edinburgh and we'll pretty much ruin each other's day.
Doesn't sound right at all...

A very enjoyable Chinese Dragon from Clement today :-)
I remember 3 years ago we had Grant V Grant on the top board!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Sounds like a simple fix via feedback of the software - the computer generated draw software could include a field for things like relative in a future update?

Been saying this for years, getting programmers and FIDE to listen is a different matter...
andyburnett Wrote:
George Neave Wrote:I know Andy Burnett was always going to struggle with his concentration today against Tanya Sachdev (all the pics of her on the blog is bit of a giveway :x ). Even so that collapse at end today really was a bit of a shocker Sad

Hey! The 'collapse' was one bad move George (...f5, a miscalculation) after I decided to play for the win (I could probably have 'repeated' with ...Kh7!?).

So true Andy. Your blog write-up explains all. Bad luck for you but great entertainment for us.

...and ... btw ...Alan B is right about the pics Wink
Andy Howie Wrote:

Wasn't there a case a few years ago of an American brother and sister being drawn together in a tournament in Scandinavia? And the result was a 14-move capture-less stalemate?
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine