Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Lightning Sunday 30 March
The Team Lightning (see entry form on website for details) will take place on Sunday after the SNCL Rd7 and AGM.
Although adjustments can be made on the day, I still need to have as many entries as possible in advance in order to plan format, etc.
Entry by email is best. Payment at the venue is simplest for this event.
It's all a bit quiet. I have 10 teams so far but would like to hear soon from some more.
Ken thanks for organising - good numbers in the end. Think the AGM needs to stick to timetable as its always late.

I owe Chris Sykes an Apology - :ymblushing: he accepted a draw that I was claiming as a Knight was not mating material but smothered mates count - I checked with ken later on. Interesting that a few extra pieces and pawns count against me - even a pawn could under promote to a rook.

Also Declan - audible boos as I claimed illegal move win short on time - think you had earned the draw

Still no hard feelings Pat C!
In case others come across it using both hands is a yellow card per Ken and not simply losing the game. I think I had 7 secs left to your 14 or so , as you claimed the win after you pressed your clock I assume that would be an illegal claim - I would probably get some extra time if I stopped clock and as I was winning it would have made the difference. It wouldn't have affected Hamilton's dominant run but it could have as it was really close at the top. These things are part of the fun and you won the replay easy enough!

Moral seems to be if in doubt stop clock and get a ruling from Ken :-t - its up to players to make a proper claim - this is part of the game.

Wee mention to one of my boys Craig - he scored really well on board 2 in second group- I'd like to hear of other notable wins but 1004 beating an FM 2242 in first round is a pretty decent scalp - think he was a piece up and mated so through open play. :-bd
Maybe if more people helped to set up when they can see we are struggling, we would have started on time...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Sounds like a good idea! I am sure if you asked or set start time earlier the early birds would help out
You would think...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Alex Gillies Wrote:Wee mention to one of my boys Craig - he scored really well on board 2 in second group- I'd like to hear of other notable wins but 1004 beating an FM 2242 in first round is a pretty decent scalp - think he was a piece up and mated so through open play. :-bd

A fantastic result. Well done Craig. :ymapplause: ^Smile^

Great to hear of such a win. Thanks for posting, Alex.
Great one well done.
Maybe I could win a game against Houdini then.. Big Grin
Alex Gillies Wrote:...but 1004 beating an FM 2242 in first round is a pretty decent scalp...

Fantastic result! Well done to your son Alex. "Decent" comes nothing close to doing this result justice! :p
Alex Gillies Wrote:Wee mention to one of my boys Craig - he scored really well on board 2 in second group- I'd like to hear of other notable wins but 1004 beating an FM 2242 in first round is a pretty decent scalp - think he was a piece up and mated so through open play. :-bd

Fantastic result for Craig... of course i've been keeping an eye on his development on chess.com, i can see how much he is progressing.