Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liverpool 2013 - Apologies
Morning Everyone.

I have been having problems with the noticeboard this morning. I have been trying to remove some posts from the thread and getting loads of SQL errors. Instead of removing a couple of posts, it has deleted the whole thread!

Please accept my apologies for this. Not sure why it happened as I had several posts marked for moving to the deleted forum.

Code:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Lost connection to MySQL server during query [2013]

SQL

SELECT t.*, f.*, tw.notify_status, bm.topic_id as bookmarked, tt.mark_time, ft.mark_time as forum_mark_time FROM (phpbb_forums f CROSS JOIN phpbb_topics t) LEFT JOIN phpbb_topics_watch tw ON (tw.user_id = 2 AND t.topic_id = tw.topic_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_bookmarks bm ON (bm.user_id = 2 AND t.topic_id = bm.topic_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_topics_track tt ON (tt.user_id = 2 AND t.topic_id = tt.topic_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_forums_track ft ON (ft.user_id = 2 AND t.forum_id = ft.forum_id) WHERE t.topic_id = 876 AND (f.forum_id = t.forum_id OR (t.topic_type = 3 AND f.forum_id = 5))

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 182
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/viewtopic.php
LINE: 271
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
If someone could post the results again, would be appreciated.

Whilst I am on the subject. As we have said before, we do not want to see personal attacks on here. there were several posts that were completely off topic and were going to be removed. As someone had said on the thread, Lets get away from doing this. New Years resolution, no more personal attacks. If we are in a disagreement, stick to the facts!

On a personal note, if you have a problem with something that has happened, have you considered speaking to the Director concerned???
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Not sure why it happened as I had several posts marked for moving to the deleted forum.
Ooooh dear... I have been getting these SQL errors as well when logging in and posting ;P
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Hi Andy,

My heart goes out to you with the noticeboard problems
this morning, I've been there myself a few times!

I don't have the full results, but to start the thread restoration going I've dug out a couple of match reports. 

1. Matthew Turner posted the ecf report below on our lost thread so there's a start - see below. He also posted his own comments on the Scottish teams performance which I sadly don't have a copy of. They included some very nice comments on Declan's performance on board 1 of the U14 team which thankfully Declan read yesterday and took great encouragement from, so many thanks for that!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6108&p=128771&hilit=Liverpool+quadrangular+2013#p128771">http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 13#p128771</a><!-- m -->
Report supplied by Peter Purland in very timely fashion

Quadrangular Match

This annual event between teams from Scotland, Wales and the North and Midlands of England Regional teams took place over the weekend of 7-8th December at Liverpool College. We are very grateful to the continued help from the school. There are 26 players in each team, 6 at U16 and 10 at both U14 and U12. We had full teams at U14 and U16 but Wales and Midlands were a board short at U12. The first round went smoothly enough but the results were a little surprising. North beat Scotland at all three levels (5-1. 7-3. 5.5-4.5), whilst Wales won 2 out of 3 against Midlands (0.5-5.5, 6.5-3.5, 7.5-2.5). The second round saw Wales dominate at U12 beating Scotland 6-4 whilst the Midlands came back from their heavy defeat against Wales to beat North 6.5 – 3.5. This left Wales 4.5 points clear on 13.5 but the other three were very close with Midlands and North both on 9 and Scotland on 8.5. At U14 level Wales went on to Day two with a two point lead over the North(14-12) with the two due to meet. Midlands were in third position on 8.5 with Scotland on 5.5. The crop of northern players at present U16 have carried all before them for years and by the end of round two it seemed obvious this would happen again as they had 9 points, Midlands had 7.5, Scotland 6 and Wales 1.5. Even the greatest optimist cannot see Wales derailing the northern juggernaut. Sadly at U12 level the Kamath family of three players failed to arrive or even let Glynis know giving Wales three points before a result came in and virtually guaranteed them the tournament. This just shows how selfish behaviour can affect a wide range of people. In fact Wales got the 3.5 points they needed out of the remaining 7 games and won the tournament with 21 points. Midlands beat Scotland to come second on 16.5 whilst North just pipped Scotland for third by half a point. At Under 14 the battle continued until the final games with Wales needing half a point to secure the championship whilst Midlands defeated Scotland but still ended up third. In the end Wales scored 1.5 to draw the match and take the tournament with Midlands third. At Under 16 level the North signed out with an emphatic 6-0 win against Wales whilst Midlands and Scotland shared the spoils but this left Midlands second just ahead of Scotland. It was another good weekend and the quality and competitiveness of the chess is shown by the fact that only 9 players; James Kearney, Karam Sangha and Jonah Willow (Midlands) Daniel Abbass, Robert Maclean and James Walsh (North) John Morrison (Scotland) Hugo Fowler and Shayanna Sivarajasingam (Wales) scored three points.
Next year’s event will be held on December 6th and 7th at Liverpool College.

2. The Welsh report
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.welshchessunion.org.uk/juniors/793-junior-quad-2013">http://www.welshchessunion.org.uk/junio ... -quad-2013</a><!-- m -->

7th and 8th December

This annual team tournament, which takes place in Liverpool over a weekend has been in existence since 2005. The four competing units are Wales, Scotland and two English regions, latterly the North and the Midlands. The age levels are Under 16, 14 and 12. The games in this tournament are always hard fought and this was illustrated this year by the fact that only ten players out of a total of 100 scored a maximum of three points out of three.

Until last year Wales had never won any of the three competitions. But that was the year of the all conquering U.14 team which duly added this title to the Four Nations (international) and N.Y.C.A. (counties) victories. The big surprise last year was that the U12 team won as well, snatching the title in the last round when the stronger English region failed to perform to expectations.

This year there was no surprise, as the U12 team announced itself with a 7.5 - 2.5 victory over the Midlands and they followed this up with a 6-4 defeat of Scotland, all this despite not having two of their strongest players available. Round three was something of an anti-climax, as three siblings, playing for the North failed to arrive. Our team duly beat the remaining seven boards 4.5 - 2.5 and, of course, claimed the three extra default points as well, although they did not need them  to win the tournament.  As the Midlands and Scotland each defaulted bottom board, Caspian Fowler had a rather disappointing weekend, winning three games on default. (Ironically, his third round opponent was present on the Saturday and Caspian defeated him in an arranged friendly game.)

The U14 team continued last year’s progress, beating the Midland 6.5 - 3.5 and Scotland 7.5 - 2.5. They struggled somewhat against the tougher opposition provided by the North, but a 5 - 5l draw was enough to give them the title.

As in previous years, the U16 team was heavily out graded and struggled to make an impact, scoring a grand total of three draws all week end.
The final scores were as follows:
U16        North 15, Midlands 10.5, Scotland 9, Wales 1.5.
U14        Wales 19, North 17, Midlands 15.5, Scotland 8.5.
U12        Wales 21, Midlands 16.5, North 11.5, Scotland 11.

The individual scores out of three were:
U16        Nicholas Evans 1, James Baker 0.5.
U14        Rhys Bennett 1, Ben Thomas 2, Nyasha Katsande 2.5, Owen Bennett 2.5, Alyssa Wang 2, Imogen Camp 2, Jamie Bell-Thomas 2, Joshua Williams 1, GutoNeave 2, Arjun Balsubramanian 2.
U12        Ben Choo Yin 1.5, ArjanBolina 1, Chirag Guha 2.5, Shayanna Sivarajasingam 3, Macey Taylor 2, Venitia Sivarajasingam 2, Neya Govindaraj 2, Alice Tang 1, Hugo Fowler 3, Caspian Fowler 3.

We warmly congratulate members of the Under 14 and Under 12 teams.

Ian Eustis
Director - Junior Chess

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
Marie
Andy

I'll have a look at the database today to see if the records still actually exist. I'm not sure whether phpbb actually removes records from the database or merely changes their status to something that makes them appear as if they were deleted.

I don't see anything in the SQL you've posted that suggests it actually deleted something. And if the reason for the error was that it had lost connection to the database, I don't even see how it's possilbe that it could have deleted something.

I'll get back to you on this one and on what might have caused the problem to begin with. Sad

Cheers
Andrew
I think its such a shame that the most important bit of info. i.e. how our guys got on in Liverpool has got buried so I am re-posting so no matter how you order the posts it comes out top:-

My heart goes out to you with the noticeboard problems
this morning, I've been there myself a few times!

I don't have the full results, but to start the thread restoration going I've dug out a couple of match reports.

1. Matthew Turner posted the ecf report below on our lost thread so there's a start - see below. He also posted his own comments on the Scottish teams performance which I sadly don't have a copy of. They included some very nice comments on Declan's performance on board 1 of the U14 team which thankfully Declan read yesterday and took great encouragement from, so many thanks for that!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php">http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php</a><!-- m --> ... 13#p128771
Report supplied by Peter Purland in very timely fashion

Quadrangular Match

This annual event between teams from Scotland, Wales and the North and Midlands of England Regional teams took place over the weekend of 7-8th December at Liverpool College. We are very grateful to the continued help from the school. There are 26 players in each team, 6 at U16 and 10 at both U14 and U12. We had full teams at U14 and U16 but Wales and Midlands were a board short at U12. The first round went smoothly enough but the results were a little surprising. North beat Scotland at all three levels (5-1. 7-3. 5.5-4.5), whilst Wales won 2 out of 3 against Midlands (0.5-5.5, 6.5-3.5, 7.5-2.5). The second round saw Wales dominate at U12 beating Scotland 6-4 whilst the Midlands came back from their heavy defeat against Wales to beat North 6.5 – 3.5. This left Wales 4.5 points clear on 13.5 but the other three were very close with Midlands and North both on 9 and Scotland on 8.5. At U14 level Wales went on to Day two with a two point lead over the North(14-12) with the two due to meet. Midlands were in third position on 8.5 with Scotland on 5.5. The crop of northern players at present U16 have carried all before them for years and by the end of round two it seemed obvious this would happen again as they had 9 points, Midlands had 7.5, Scotland 6 and Wales 1.5. Even the greatest optimist cannot see Wales derailing the northern juggernaut. Sadly at U12 level the Kamath family of three players failed to arrive or even let Glynis know giving Wales three points before a result came in and virtually guaranteed them the tournament. This just shows how selfish behaviour can affect a wide range of people. In fact Wales got the 3.5 points they needed out of the remaining 7 games and won the tournament with 21 points. Midlands beat Scotland to come second on 16.5 whilst North just pipped Scotland for third by half a point. At Under 14 the battle continued until the final games with Wales needing half a point to secure the championship whilst Midlands defeated Scotland but still ended up third. In the end Wales scored 1.5 to draw the match and take the tournament with Midlands third. At Under 16 level the North signed out with an emphatic 6-0 win against Wales whilst Midlands and Scotland shared the spoils but this left Midlands second just ahead of Scotland. It was another good weekend and the quality and competitiveness of the chess is shown by the fact that only 9 players; James Kearney, Karam Sangha and Jonah Willow (Midlands) Daniel Abbass, Robert Maclean and James Walsh (North) John Morrison (Scotland) Hugo Fowler and Shayanna Sivarajasingam (Wales) scored three points.
Next year’s event will be held on December 6th and 7th at Liverpool College.

2. The Welsh report
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.welshchessunion.org.uk/junio">http://www.welshchessunion.org.uk/junio</a><!-- m --> ... -quad-2013

7th and 8th December

This annual team tournament, which takes place in Liverpool over a weekend has been in existence since 2005. The four competing units are Wales, Scotland and two English regions, latterly the North and the Midlands. The age levels are Under 16, 14 and 12. The games in this tournament are always hard fought and this was illustrated this year by the fact that only ten players out of a total of 100 scored a maximum of three points out of three.

Until last year Wales had never won any of the three competitions. But that was the year of the all conquering U.14 team which duly added this title to the Four Nations (international) and N.Y.C.A. (counties) victories. The big surprise last year was that the U12 team won as well, snatching the title in the last round when the stronger English region failed to perform to expectations.

This year there was no surprise, as the U12 team announced itself with a 7.5 - 2.5 victory over the Midlands and they followed this up with a 6-4 defeat of Scotland, all this despite not having two of their strongest players available. Round three was something of an anti-climax, as three siblings, playing for the North failed to arrive. Our team duly beat the remaining seven boards 4.5 - 2.5 and, of course, claimed the three extra default points as well, although they did not need them to win the tournament. As the Midlands and Scotland each defaulted bottom board, Caspian Fowler had a rather disappointing weekend, winning three games on default. (Ironically, his third round opponent was present on the Saturday and Caspian defeated him in an arranged friendly game.)

The U14 team continued last year’s progress, beating the Midland 6.5 - 3.5 and Scotland 7.5 - 2.5. They struggled somewhat against the tougher opposition provided by the North, but a 5 - 5l draw was enough to give them the title.

As in previous years, the U16 team was heavily out graded and struggled to make an impact, scoring a grand total of three draws all week end.
The final scores were as follows:
U16 North 15, Midlands 10.5, Scotland 9, Wales 1.5.
U14 Wales 19, North 17, Midlands 15.5, Scotland 8.5.
U12 Wales 21, Midlands 16.5, North 11.5, Scotland 11.

The individual scores out of three were:
U16 Nicholas Evans 1, James Baker 0.5.
U14 Rhys Bennett 1, Ben Thomas 2, Nyasha Katsande 2.5, Owen Bennett 2.5, Alyssa Wang 2, Imogen Camp 2, Jamie Bell-Thomas 2, Joshua Williams 1, GutoNeave 2, Arjun Balsubramanian 2.
U12 Ben Choo Yin 1.5, ArjanBolina 1, Chirag Guha 2.5, Shayanna Sivarajasingam 3, Macey Taylor 2, Venitia Sivarajasingam 2, Neya Govindaraj 2, Alice Tang 1, Hugo Fowler 3, Caspian Fowler 3.

We warmly congratulate members of the Under 14 and Under 12 teams.

Ian Eustis
Director - Junior Chess

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
Marie
The thread is now cleaned up and is back on topic